Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS1 to LS3 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 to LS3 Swap

I am 99% sure im going to swap out my LS1 for an LS3 in my fourthgen.
However, I am still in college and while i do have enough flow to do the swap now it would be cutting it close and leave no room for any unexpected problems in the future, so I have decieded to wait until after I am out of college to actually do the swap. I decieded on the LS3 because from what I have researched the LS7 is very bad for forced induction if I decied to go that route, and the LS9, while an amazing engine...is simply way over priced...I have seen right ups of people buying a crate LS3 and modding it to outperform the LS9 for significantly less thn what the LS9 costs. Anyways...my questions here are.
1. Are there any problems i will run into doing this swap
2. Most of the bolt ons I use for my LS1 can be swapped over to the LS3 when i swap the motor out? Or will I have to purchase all new bolt-ons.
3. And kind of a seperate-ish question is...Before the swap I was planning on turning the exauhst into a true Dual format with an H-Pipe(probably, still kinda iffy between that and the X-Pipe.)...should i just hold off on this until I do the swap? Or will I be able to use the same setup on my LS3. Thanks for help and input.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just like I was informed not that long ago, check out the stickies.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...02-f-body.html

Quick Reply: LS1 to LS3 Swap