Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......

It has come to our attention as of late, that our customer service has been, well, lacking, to put it mildly.

I don't know how many of you reading this have had a bad personal experience with any of our crew, but I would like to say if you have, please don't take it as a representation of our business ideals. While we strive for technical perfection, we understand that customer relations is just as important, if not more.

If it were at all possible, Shawn and I would handle all customer interactions. But, that's not possible, so we've had to depend on our front counter guys to do that, and it's proven to be very problematic.

We want everyone to understand, we're trying to rectify the problems, and we're in the process of a personnel change over that we hope will do the trick. Please bear with us while we go through these growing pains. If you've done business with us before, and for whatever reason have been turned off by your experience, I ask you to give us another try.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

As long as the backbone people are still in charge at VA Speed, I think its pretty obvious you'll still remain as one of the top LSx builders/tuners....when you're good you get busy, when you get busy you have to delegate authority to other people....you can't control them 100% of the time. You're making adjustments as necessary before its too late....it seems to me.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
As long as the backbone people are still in charge at VA Speed, I think its pretty obvious you'll still remain as one of the top LSx builders/tuners....when you're good you get busy, when you get busy you have to delegate authority to other people....you can't control them 100% of the time. You're making adjustments as necessary before its too late....it seems to me.

no matter who is up front answering the phones-the backbone of the company will remain unchanged.The technical end of the business is stronger than ever
Old 12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
no matter who is up front answering the phones-the backbone of the company will remain unchanged.The technical end of the business is stronger than ever
Sir,

However, your "Company's Growth" is hinged on its' ability to reach out to the customer, which why the term "Providing Customer Service" is paramount!!! It's a whole lot easier to loose "MANY" potential customers with the initial contact with the business, than it is to gain "A" customer just from the product a past customer has purchased.

Often times I have asked someone about a product/service that they have recieved from a business and later went to inquire with that business about rendering some sort of service, only to be turned off by there initial welcome to there business......A goodmorning/afternoon Sir/Ma'am, how is your day....goes a very long way!!! Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect; so If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.

And never loose sight of the small time spenders, as they will always keep comming back, over and over, thus will keep your lights on. The big spenders come one by one for the short term and the small time spenders comes in droves for life.

Remember, management works in the system; leadership works on the system. So as a business owner, you have to ask yourself.....self which is I? No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit. A Business is only as strong as the complete TEAM that it's made up of.

V/R

A small time spending VA Speed Customer

"Attitude is the key to any success and the key to successful business leadership is influence, not authority."
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

^^^All very good points Tony.

BTW, I'll call ya later in the afternoon.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 186 Likes on 111 Posts

Do overs are good when you get one. Kind of like a "mulligan" off the first tee. Use it wisely......
Old 12-08-2009, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had called twice for prices on a rebuild and no one ever called me back. I was told to call back later the first time because the builder still hadn't had time to do a quote, and never heard anything again. kinda turned me off .

However, I have heard plenty of good things from local guys who use your shop, especially tuning and wouldn't rule you guys out for future projects.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by matrik
I had called twice for prices on a rebuild and no one ever called me back. I was told to call back later the first time because the builder still hadn't had time to do a quote, and never heard anything again. kinda turned me off .

However, I have heard plenty of good things from local guys who use your shop, especially tuning and wouldn't rule you guys out for future projects.
Thank you. That's what we're looking for. The ones who have had bad experiences to give us another shot.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BORN2FLY
Sir,

However, your "Company's Growth" is hinged on its' ability to reach out to the customer, which why the term "Providing Customer Service" is paramount!!! It's a whole lot easier to loose "MANY" potential customers with the initial contact with the business, than it is to gain "A" customer just from the product a past customer has purchased.

Often times I have asked someone about a product/service that they have recieved from a business and later went to inquire with that business about rendering some sort of service, only to be turned off by there initial welcome to there business......A goodmorning/afternoon Sir/Ma'am, how is your day....goes a very long way!!! Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect; so If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.

And never loose sight of the small time spenders, as they will always keep comming back, over and over, thus will keep your lights on. The big spenders come one by one for the short term and the small time spenders comes in droves for life.

Remember, management works in the system; leadership works on the system. So as a business owner, you have to ask yourself.....self which is I? No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit. A Business is only as strong as the complete TEAM that it's made up of.

V/R

A small time spending VA Speed Customer

"Attitude is the key to any success and the key to successful business leadership is influence, not authority."
your absolutely right Tony,the point of my comment was that as long as i'm in charge,i'm always going to be trying to make it better and that i care if there is a problem.I don't ever want anybody to think that Va Speed doesn't care-we do,this stuff isn't easy to fix.

Quick Reply: Va Speed. We'd like to apologize.......