Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

check my numbers! PTV & push rod length

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default check my numbers! PTV & push rod length

ok guys just finished mocking up my engine i'd like you guys too let me know if i'm on the right track. specs as follows
lq4
ls3 heads, milled .035
texas speed cam 225/230 .617/.614
checked using stock lq4 head gasket (.054....i think)
final build will be using .045 cometics
ok i took the top plunger out of 2 lifters and added washers to make them solid and used a comp adjustable push rod till zero lash, and clayed piston, came out with .105 PTV clearance on the intake and .130 PTV ex so after the cometics it should cut that to .096 int and .121 ex correct? so i think im ok there....

now push rod... put regular lifters back in and adjusted to zero lash and no preload on the lifter, i came out with a measurement of 7.289 again i used the stock lq4 gaskets for measurement so with the cometic gaskets i should come in around 7.2 + .050 = 7.250 needed? yes/no?? does that sound to short?
gotta tell you using the comp adjustable push rod on the ls3 heads was a bitch i did it like ten times because its just a plane old pain to get to whole push rod wanted to spin instead of adjust...anyway what you guys think?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, just looked around and my push rod length seems really short, thinking i need to recheck....dunno i 2nd guessing my self , probally becasue it such a pain to adjust, whole push rod kept spining and you and just barely get to it...
what should i do???

Quick Reply: check my numbers! PTV & push rod length