Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

lowoil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowoil pressure

some of you may remember i ran into a oil pressure issue last year after a high speed run. for those that dont a lil recap... twin turbo mustang...blown vette and country road lol. but when i slowed down and stoped the dash said low oil pressure. i look and it is at 10 P.S.I. i was a mile or less from home so babied it there keeping revs high enuff for 20 psi of oil pressure. well 6 months, a much needed divorce and a move later i finaly made it to the inside of my block this week. when i pulled the pan off i found what appeared to be little shavings of bearing material maybe even the coating from the main or rod bearings in the pan and 4 or five pieces of it in the pickup tube screen. i got it all apart and the only damage appears to be the bearings coated surface area (rods are fine) and very fine (can not hardly feel them) scratchs on the crank not big scratchs by any means. can the crank be repaired? it a drangonslayer so i hate to have to trash it!!
. from my research back 6 months ago i came to conclusion the callies specs where on the loose side. so what specs for main and rod bearing should i shoot for this time around?. i am running a maxed out d1 procharger so apx 20 psi max on boost ( i runniung od crank pully so it spinning lil harder then normal )
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If scratches are not deep you can have machine shop polish it...for like $50. I like the mains between .019 and .022 and the rods at .025. That is for alum block on the mains.