Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

HIGH HP LSX build questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIGH HP LSX build questions

hey guys im wanting to build a 800-1000hp lsx and i have a few questions and suggestions are wanted i have narrowed down a few thing but very unsure of others. ok here we go
FIRST: i am looking at the texas speed 427 lsx with all the upgrades for high hp but unsure on the kind of reluctor wheel for a non efi setup im leaning real hard to the mechanical fuel injection from rons fuel because i want to be a little different from the rest that leads me in to the QUESTION of ignition systems for non efi??? lost so many different ones
SECOND: a f2 procharger i think should get me where i want to be as far as power adder goes
THIRD : heads and cam lost once again too many options
please help
Old 06-20-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Not sure on the first two but for the third, in a heartbeat I would go with some highly ported LS9 heads from WCCH, talk to Richard, he'll hook you up.

And for a cam, I advise you speak with PAT G, but I think a great cam for your application would be a 232/244 .575/.595 on a 116+2. It's a great cam for LS3/LS9 heads. That was spec'd for my 415 and it kicks ***. Lots of power from 1800 to 6600.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Teching In

cool thanks ill look in to that

any other suggestions from other other people are still welcome i want to make sure i have this all figured out before i spend money twice
Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

FIRST: You can do several types of ignition systems, the two most popular are the MSD 6010 box which fires the stock coils, or you can use the GM distributor conversion which allows the use of a conventional distributor.

SECOND: An F2 should be fine, you may even get away with an F1.

THIRD: For cylinder heads, I would look into aftermarket castings, not ported GM castings. MAST, AFR, and TFS all have nice user freindly castings that are stronger and more rigid for high horsepower builds, and you would probably want to lean towards an LS7 style port.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so so many options you have a couple come to my mind:

427-440LSX with LSX 6bolt LS9 heads and the LS9 supercharger.
Just watch the bore size keep it at 4.125 make around 800-900HP

427-440LSX with mozez heads flowing over 450cfm and running a charger on it easily make more than 1000HP with this combo.

If the RHS block can handle the bore size and maintain cylinder thickness go a 454 with the mozez heads and your choice or charger.

I have done a **** load of reading and the top 2 heads i get are 1 mozez and 2 LSX DR heads. But this is only based on flow numbers and not HP. BUt hey its something to see the difference between the 2.

Personally if you want reliablity i'd be going the 427LSX with LSX LS9 heads the the LS9 supercharger Thompson Automotive built one and there is a video on their website cam choice wasn't good and heads were not ported or anything and it made 720HP or something like that.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Teching In

for ignition i am leaning towards the jesel belt drive dist but just wanted to ask around have any of you guys delt with mechanical injection i got a quote from ron's fuel and it seems like a much better price then a bigstuff and 16 injectors and loads of tuning plus you dont see it alot so i figured why not but deff a gmpp lsx427 is what im looking at but yea thanks for all the info im also planning on running alcohol if anyone wanted to know im tryin to figure out comp ratio v. boost numbers to make this kind of power

Quick Reply: HIGH HP LSX build questions