Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

HKE, WCCH, Jenvey 468ci Build...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HKE, WCCH, Jenvey 468ci Build...

2010 History:

As some of you know, Erik @ HKE built a 468ci longblock for me last year. It was originally being built for a FFR GTM build I had going but it ended up in my c6 instead. With a cam swap, PI LXR 275cc cathedrals, and the Harrop itb intake, it dyno’d 670 rwhp and 632 rwtq SAE corrected (696rwhp/650rwtq ACTUAL uncorrected). More on the back story can be found here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...o-results.html

That setup has found it’s way to Canada to a cool guy who has become a friend. Look for results on this setup in his car soon.

Fast forward to 2011 Engine and Heads:

After a lot of debate, I decided to get rid of my GTM project and go with a car that had always intrigued me, and actually started to secretly lust over: The Race Car Replicas Superlite-coupe, also known as the RCR SLC for short.

For the SLC, I wanted to up the ante a bit. Erik completely surpassed my expectations (by a long shot) with my original 468, so of course I went back to him for this new build. Easy choice, as he is the best LS engine builder on the planet, bar none imho. We originally were going to go with the PI Mozez setup, as Cary’s LXR’s performed exceptionally well in my original 468 build and there isn’t a better LS head available than the Mozez heads.

I spoke w/Cary about doing a more street/hydraulic roller oriented port program for the Mozez and he had just the setup in mind. Unfortunately it was smack dab in the middle of his merger with Mast so it was difficult getting any real pricing info from Mast and impossible to even place an order for them (since there was no specific part #) at that point in time. After a couple of months of Erik waiting to order the Mast Mozez heads, Erik and I decided to change course and call Richard @ WCCH to discuss some All Pro LSW Ls7 options.

Richard is one of the best in the business and one of the real “good guys” in the industry as well. Although going away from the Mozez probably left a good bit of HP potential on the table, since I was going with a more street oriented setup, I’m not sure how big of a difference it would or wouldn’t have made in this setup. Erik spec’d a surprisingly mild cam for this engine due to the Ls7 top end and the custom street port and valve setup Erik and Richard spec’d for this build (first time being used, so I’m going to be a willing guinea pig). He has made big power with Richard’s AP ls7 before with tiny cams, so we will see how this new profile works out.

Intake Manifold:

After a lot of back and forth and almost going with a custom Marcella or Beck, I stayed with an itb setup. I called Mack @ Emerald in FL, and Jenvey in the UK. I did considerable research on itb’s and Jenvey in particular. Jenvey is basically the UK equivalent of Kinsler. Most euro itb companies buy their piece goods from Jenvey and assemble itb manifolds for resale. Some even just buy an already available and assembled Jenvey itb manfild and rebrand it. They have been around a long time, and are proven in race conditions all over Europe and Australia. I ordered a custom ls7 itb intake manifold w/carbon fiber air horns, and carbon fiber air boxes for filtration (dual plenums). Everyone at Jenvey UK, and their US arm in FL (Mack @ Emerald) has been a pleasure to deal with, and have basically hit every promise date in the process within a day or so (such a welcome surprise in the aftermarket performance world!). Although it won't be apples to apples (cathedral vs. square port manifold), I will try and compare the Jenvey to the Harrop as much as possible if people have interest.

Basic Setup Summary:

ERL Superdeck 1 (standard deck) Thank you Seth and Sean-stand up guys and fast turn around.
Callies Crank
Callies Rods
Wiseco Pistons
WCCH All Pro Ls7 heads
Morel Lifters
HKE hydraulic camshaft
Jesel rockers
Jenvey Ls7 ITB intake manifold

11.2:1 compression---real 93 octane engine

The longblock is complete and on a truck headed to me. The Jenvey itb arrived today in the US and will be at my house in a few days once Mack checks it over and ships it to me. Results to come.

Last edited by Stage7; 07-14-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Some pics of ERL's work:
Attached Thumbnails HKE, WCCH, Jenvey 468ci Build...-009.jpg   HKE, WCCH, Jenvey 468ci Build...-011.jpg   HKE, WCCH, Jenvey 468ci Build...-018.jpg  

Last edited by Stage7; 07-14-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default RCR SLC pics

For those that don't know what a RCR SLC is, here are some pictures (not of my car):

If you love cars, you owe it to yourself to visit with Fran Hall at RCR in Clinton Township Mi. He is a true car guy, and a tour of his shop will make you not want to leave. His Green Race car runs a full MAST 416 ls3 and computer setup. 416 Ls3 w/factory Ls7 manifolds. It's set 2 track records on it's first day out (the standing track record, and bested it's own record later in the day).
Old 07-14-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Subscribing to this certainly "most of the best dream car ever" thread...

Christian
Old 07-14-2011, 01:51 PM
DBN
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a very interesting build. I can't imagine that kind of power in one of those light-weight cars. Good luck and keep us posted as to your progress.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Subscribed.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That green one looked like an mclaren F1 GTR when I first saw the tail lights. Both of those cars are SWEET!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that'll be fun!! Gonna be cool and wicked fast Roberto! Hope you dont finish yours before mine

Lol...."real 93 octane"
Old 07-14-2011, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks awesome Roberto! That is just going to be an insane set up. When do you get going on the turbos for the Vette?

Before you ask, no mine is not running yet. Have had other things consuming my time. Trying to have it on the dyno next weekend.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insane project!!!

How is the fit and finish of the RCR compared to the GTM? The GTM I saw still had that kit car feel about it.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Nice to see someone pick up a jenvey unit

I have been talking to them because I wanted a dbw unit and apparently it is in the works!!!

Sick build though !
Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks all, it should be a good time. 2400lbs

Dale-I'm only focused on the SLC right now. I can't wait to see your results with your new top end buddy.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WKMCD
How is the fit and finish of the RCR compared to the GTM? The GTM I saw still had that kit car feel about it.
Night and Day difference...not even in the same class. It's one of the reasons I made the move. The SLC bridges the gap between kit car and production car. Here are some pics of the body when I picked up the car. As you can see it comes as a steering roller. The body fits and gaps are close to dead on as delivered with the SLC. I do my own body and paintwork, but I wouldn't even begin to do it on a GTM. I just don't have the insane amount of hours to fit and prep the body for paint.

That said, whether it be the GTM or SLC, ultimate fit and finish has everything to do with the builder. You're just starting out with a much higher quality kit in the SLC.

***I forgot to add: ...with the SLC, you do not need to paint it if you don't want to. You can sand/buff the gelcoat and drive it a la the Ultima. The body fits, the gaps are close to oem production quality. There are a few builders running in gelcoat.

I'm painting my SLC next Friday.

Last edited by Stage7; 07-16-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:29 AM
TECH Addict

I thought I was going to have traction problems
Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Oh man building a kit car would be a dream. How much one of these run for the steering roller with body setup like you got? What has to be done other than implant a drivetrain and body work?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LPE 403
I thought I was going to have traction problems
Oh, you will... What's your ETA?

Originally Posted by 6.0monsta
Oh man building a kit car would be a dream. How much one of these run for the steering roller with body setup like you got? What has to be done other than implant a drivetrain and body work?
The basic kit is $44k as you see it on the trailer (minus the extra tail section). You supply engine, ecu, transaxle, and tires. No donor car required as it comes with billet a-arms, axles, brakes, pre-bent brake lines, steering column, etc.

You can also buy it section at a time starting with $10k for the chassis/suspension components. Then you can buy the brakes, body, fuel system, etc, etc.. This allows people to start their projects and pay as they build/need sections. Obviously it doesn't come as an assembled roller going this route, but it's less of an up front hit.

There are some cool options for it, but they aren't necessary to get the kit going.

Last edited by Stage7; 07-16-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stage7
Oh, you will... What's your ETA?
This might shock you but I'm still waiting for an intake . Kinsler was backed up (naturally ) but claims they'll be done in a few weeks. Where have I heard that before......

Lol, I laugh at the guys that bitch about parts they've waited for longer than 2 weeks....I've been waiting for a (any) intake since JANUARY Light at the end of a loooooong tunnel.

Congrats again on what will be a bad *** build!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

That is absolutely gorgeous! Does the $44K include anything in the interior besides the steering column?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks very nice and I think it will really move to say the least!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LPE 403
Lol, I laugh at the guys that bitch about parts they've waited for longer than 2 weeks....I've been waiting for a (any) intake since JANUARY Light at the end of a loooooong tunnel.

Congrats again on what will be a bad *** build!
That's the nature with builds like these. There isn't much on the shelf and you have to wait. My engine has been waiting for Morel lifters since March. March for lifters...4+ months for lifters. People think Erik is slow. He isn't slow...the manufacturers are slow!

Kinsler will be worth the wait. The itb manifold you ordered is a work of art. I'm looking fwd to seeing your project finished too.

Quick Reply: HKE, WCCH, Jenvey 468ci Build...