I have seen a lot of talk on this board previously from a member called Patrick G about reverse split cams. I have an 05 LS2 GTO with a reverse split cam in it and many other mods, I was wondering if he can give me some good insight on this cam because it is a custom ground one and tell me if the setup is correct and what I can possibly do to improve on it, and anyone else here who is knowledgeable on reverse splits.
Here is all of my specs:
- Comp cam 232/228 .574/.569 115LSA
- ASP Underdrive pulley at max 25%
- Vacuum pump from GZ Motorsports
- Yank SY3500 rpm stall converter (ends up flashing into 4000 RPM on spirited runs, which is where I have just a little more power anyways)
- Yella Terra 1.7 roller rockers
- TSP hardened pushrods
- Stage 2 ported LS2 intake (helped tremendously in getting a huge kick in top end power)
- Built tranny with increased line pressures and TC engage set to 60 mph (I know, kinda ridiculous, but oh well!)
- Team scss poly tranny mount (sweet mod as far as stability is concerned!)
- HP tuned to 12.6 AFR with a full SD tune, still trying to fix the RPM to 750 to get that nasty lope out of the cam which sounds REAL NICE!
- Full exhaust (catted, yes I am a CA car) with an X-pipe (yes it actually did help pick up some more HP) 2.5" piping and Corsa DB reds which I'll be replacing soon with some new stainless MAC flowpath mufflers
- I have full pedders suspension with a harrop cover and full pedders bushings.
- Stock 3.46 gears and rear end
Any ideas? Is this setup correct as far as cam to converter matched up correctly? Would this cam benefit from .040 thinner head gaskets and milling of the heads .030? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.