Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

TFS 235 Valve height

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TFS 235 Valve height

Installing a new set of Trick flow 235 heads on a 408 with LS7 lifters. When checking pushrod length (zero lash, no preload) I am finding the intake and exhaust valves are slightly different heigths. Are You 235 guys running two different lengths of pushrods or falling on both ends of the pre load range of the lifter with one rod? Or do I just need to go to bed.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had that problem w/ my L92s when they were off the car. I called the machine shop and they said it was normal. I went ahead and installed and they have been fine so far. Only have 2k miles right now.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Default Same issue

I know this is an old thread, but I have a similar issue with my 215's. They have been made into basically a 225, 2.055 intake valves, 1.57 exhaust valves milled to 62cc. I bought the car done, pulled the heads to do lifters and valve springs and noticed my exhaust valves are .023 , higher than the intake valves. After having 6 fulcrums cracked on my HS rockers, it's a bit concerning as to if this is the reason for it, or if they were worn... The bad thing about picking up something that someone else built or had built! It's run 9's on a 200 shot, and the top end had seen 2 motors, only one, about 10 passes and 5000 mi. with larger valves and 4" bore. Thank you in advance for any replies. I've been beating my head off the wall trying to figure out if I should put it back together and run it how it's been, or if I need to do something to correct it. I don't have the option of adjustable rockers, and don't want to buy a set!
Old 03-04-2016, 02:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not only are there differences in valve height, but if the cam lift is different from intake to exhaust then the base circle on the lobes will generally be different also. We run 2 different length pushrods all the time because of this.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Not only are there differences in valve height, but if the cam lift is different from intake to exhaust then the base circle on the lobes will generally be different also. We run 2 different length pushrods all the time because of this.
Thanks. I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but the heads are off of the motor. I noticed after I did the springs on the heads. How would I tell what size push rods I need, if any difference at all, just measure an intake and exhaust, add my preload for the Morel lifters and find the .025 push rod in between?

Quick Reply: TFS 235 Valve height