Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Centri ls2 forged build advise please

Old 12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centri ls2 forged build advise please

Hi there I'm in the process of building a LS2. I'm using a Vortech v2 supercharger running 9 psi, and plan to use a LS9 camshaft. I'm going to retain the stock crankshaft and fit Callies compstar 6.125 H beam rods. And I think Wiseco forged piston set 4.005" bore with a -11 cc dish. Which should give 9.7 :1 compression ratio. The car is mainly a street car but I would like to run it down the strip from time to time and I would also like to do the occassional 1-2 mile runs. Plus hopefully take it over to the Nurburgring at some stage. So a bit of a all rounder.

The question is, is the compression ratio, ideal for my needs or should I consider using lower compression pistons any info would be apprechiated thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Imo...

You do well by not stroking your motor, be sure the rods will oxide the amount of hp you are trying to make, I else assume your car is a gto, and the super charger described is a centrifugal type. The assume car has a deficient heat dispersion characteristic, of it's design, therefore is best to keep the cooling air flow, as factory as possible, IE small, yet efficient inter cooler, factory fans etc, as you are already placing a supercharger rite in front of the heat dispersion key area, at the time you are stepping up the heat production, within your engine bay, OK by now you are saying, so what this got to do with what i am asking in the first place? By keeping your compression low your under hood heat, is kept under control, specially if you plan to ran your ac and drive the car a lot, 9.7 to 1 is IMO ideal. The ls9 cam is perfect, for your project, as will help the exhaust side a lot. I agree, to no more than 10 psi, with production castings, unless you enjoy changing head gaskets, enjoy your build, take your time do it rite, do it ones.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Teching In

Thanks for that, the rods are rated for up to 900 bhp. The car isn't a Gto, it's a BMW E36 3 series that I have carried out a engine conversion. I'm not running Ac and there didn't seem to be any cooling issues with the Ls1 in it previously.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Centri ls2 forged build advise please