Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ls3 Stroker short block suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls3 Stroker short block suggestions

Im sure you all read my whining crying story about a lifter failing in my 09 vette lol. Anyways long story short lifter pretty much exploded damaged and stuck in lifter tray..Of course cam needs replacing...Upon tear down pistons need replacing blah blah blah....To the point...I need a short block as fast as possible, i know thats funny huh I have decided on a 427/429 as its will only be used N/A and not driven a ton of miles plus given the circumstances i want to build a monster! I have talked to schwanke, hke, texas speed, scoggin dickeys, and hinson supercars...Only scoggin dickeys has one on the shelf (427) but it uses scat internals which i have heard some bad things about. I would really like to hear some suggestions from you guys on who i should buy a short block from or have build it..Again i really dont want to waite 2 months for a block. Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking

Scoggin dickeys is the **** thats all i can say.... LS3 427 Stroker w/Lg G6x3 cam will arrive at Tick Performance this weekend to start the build....After all the **** my ride has put me through the last couple of months, it all ends with a 427 Will update with some graphs and an idle clip after build is complete hopefully less than 2 weeks away!

Quick Reply: ls3 Stroker short block suggestions