Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS2 Nitrous Build Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Nitrous Build Questions.

Ok I have just purchased an LS2 bare block and I am wanting to build a motor to hold about a 250 shot. I already have everything planned out beside the heads. This is a budgeted build but i'm not going to cheap out like some that I have seem.

What I have planned is:
LS2 Block
Stock Crank
Callies Compstar Rods 6.125"
Wiseco Pistons w/ Steel Top Rings 4.005"
Pat G Cam
Durabond Cam bearing (Are those ok?)
Clevite Rods & Main Bearings

So now I help with my head choice. I was thinking about doing a set of L92 heads that will be cleaned up and checked but no porting. I have read that some are going with cathedral port heads for nitrous but this car will be a all street car for low roll racing with occasional trip to the drag stripe. I want the car to run as good on motor when i'm not using nitrous. This car only gets drove once or twice a week but I do just cruise it on weekends.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You might take a look at our PRC as cast aftermarket castings. They feature a thicker deck which I think would be important for helping keep the heads from lifting during that large shot of nitrous. They come with 2.06/1.60 stainless valves and a .675" spring kit that should have no problems with valve control. I feel like for the money you can't beat this head on a build like this. They will provide the broad powerband you want and the strength to handle the power you plan to make. I put them on my car and I am very happy with the results.

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-3515-pr...ast-heads.aspx

Quick Reply: LS2 Nitrous Build Questions.