Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

TSP House brand Rods & Crank

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP House brand Rods & Crank

I have search but have not found any info, Does anyone here have any experience with the Texas Speed House brand cranks and Rods, I am building a 416 N/A Stroker and there kits are Priced right. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

TSP doesnt have a house brand crank. Not sure who makes the rods - I'm sure they'd tell you if you asked
Old 06-10-2012, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

I asked them if they were made in the U.S.A. and was told they can't give out that information.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:44 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Originally Posted by ss2000
I asked them if they were made in the U.S.A. and was told they can't give out that information.
Wow. Really?
Old 06-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss2000
That really is surprising.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Wow. Really?
Yes, I called about a month ago asking about a 347 rotating assembly that had TSP forged rods, I asked if they were made here and that's the answer I got. I ended up buying a nice used LQ9 instead.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most popular aftermarket rods and cranks are not made in usa... So nothing new there.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,368 Likes on 2,085 Posts

Originally Posted by offaxis
most popular aftermarket rods and cranks are not made in usa... So nothing new there.
Exactly. That's why I'm surprised they wouldn't tell you where they were made.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Exactly. That's why I'm surprised they wouldn't tell you where they were made.
most people like to boast if its still made here AND cheaper than then competition so that should give you your answer right there...
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Good luck getting your parts in a timely manner from them. They act like they stock that stuff and they dont. I waited weeks for my rotator and despite being lied to several time I ended up getting a refund. I will never do business with them again. Just my .02
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by superramvette2
Good luck getting your parts in a timely manner from them. They act like they stock that stuff and they dont. I waited weeks for my rotator and despite being lied to several time I ended up getting a refund. I will never do business with them again. Just my .02
Me too. I ordered and got charged for Callies rotating assy. in Nov. before Thanksgiving 2011.Got the run around for six months and nothing.Ordered from Speed inc.in early May and got it before June cancelled my order from TSP and had a big ordeal getting my refund and I've been a repeat customer that has spent somewhere between 12 to 20k over the past 5 to 6 years with TSP. I was not very happy with their customer service as they didn't seem to care.They use the first place I call when I needed something but not anymore.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sandragnx
Me too. I ordered and got charged for Callies rotating assy. in Nov. before Thanksgiving 2011.Got the run around for six months and nothing.Ordered from Speed inc.in early May and got it before June cancelled my order from TSP and had a big ordeal getting my refund and I've been a repeat customer that has spent somewhere between 12 to 20k over the past 5 to 6 years with TSP. I was not very happy with their customer service as they didn't seem to care.They use the first place I call when I needed something but not anymore.
Oliver you were given the option to change cranks multiple times because we were getting the run around from Callies. I was very nice to you every time on the phone and we gave you the option for a refund MANY times. Your money has been refunded, and the refund has been explained multiple times. We forgot to refund the shipping which we apologized for and had refunded as soon as we were aware. I don't understand how it seemed like we didn't care when I apologized on the phone profusely for Callies because they can't get us a crank in a decent amount of time. I apologize we had this issue but you were given MULTIPLE options to get out of the situation, none of which you chose until 6 months later. We truly appreciate your business a lot but this was not a true account of how things went.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
Oliver you were given the option to change cranks multiple times because we were getting the run around from Callies. I was very nice to you every time on the phone and we gave you the option for a refund MANY times. Your money has been refunded, and the refund has been explained multiple times. We forgot to refund the shipping which we apologized for and had refunded as soon as we were aware. I don't understand how it seemed like we didn't care when I apologized on the phone profusely for Callies because they can't get us a crank in a decent amount of time. I apologize we had this issue but you were given MULTIPLE options to get out of the situation, none of which you chose until 6 months later. We truly appreciate your business a lot but this was not a true account of how things went.
John,remember the 4.125 crank that came in for me in late Jan early feb if I remember.You told me it was boxed wrong and turned out to be a 4.0?I called Callies to see what was up and spoke to someone who told me that they don't sell to TSP and you guys get there stuff from SPDC.No problem with that but he also laughed when I told him about my 4.125 crank being boxed wrong and said someone else who cried louder than I probobly got the crank I was suppose to get when it was available for me at that time.That's what dissapointed me about this whole ordeal.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to chime in on this since I do all of our stocking orders for all rotating assemblies that we sell, as well as use in our engines. The crank that we received was in fact boxed incorrectly. The 4.125" stroke crankshafts have been next to impossible to get from Callies, at least for us. I won't point the finger as to whom is to blame on that because I don't know who is not supplying it to us. We have literally been waiting for over 6 MONTHS for the 4.125" cranks to come to us. We don't work on the "who cries the loudest" method. We work on the who ordered first method. Trust me when I say that I would love nothing better than to supply you with a crankshaft. I am absolutely stunned that a manufacturer would completely throw one of their largest LSx customers under the bus. I just ran a complete report of what we purchased from Callies last year, and we used six figures worth of their product. After how they have treated you and us on this transaction, we will not be offering Callies products any longer.

We try our best to stock a LOT of items, and we are at the mercy of the manufacturers. We have been supplied with false timelines multiple times on Callies products, and now they are lying to our customers to protect their behind. We will not do business with a manufacturer that goes out of their way to lie just to protect themselves. The worst part is we have lost a great customer in the process. They tied our hands and then cost us a customer. That's not okay.

I am sorry about how all of this has transpired. This is NOT how we do business, and it should not be how a manufacturer does business. I'm guessing the Callies inventory will be ramped up quite a bit because they just lost one of their top LSx accounts.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

I was following a build on another forum and the guy waited 7 months for his Callies 4.0" dragon slayer crank. Livernois ordered it in early October '11 and it arrived about a week ago. He mentioned others had been waiting for their Callies cranks from July '11.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1580872708-post181.html

Last edited by anthony soprano; 06-19-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

K1 is my guess or some other lower priced option
I'm sure Callies will be just fine...LOL there is always someone else willing to ***** parts out so dont fret about Callies inventory any
Old 06-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Teching In

I can vouch for Callies taking a long time to ship. I ordered a Callies Magnum crank (4.10") , and it took months for them to ship to Charlie Williams at RPM Motors. Turns out the crank didn't measure up to Charlie's standards, so he sent it back and I had to wait another few months to get another one.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Yes Callies takes a while on cranks.. thats what happens when your one of the best ... lots of demand.... Callies will prep the crank how ever you want..
Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought an Eagle crank for my stroker, got it for $700 shipped and it arrived three days after I ordered it but Eagles are junk, don't measure up right and leak from the rear plug just ask anyone on here! I haven't had a single issue with mine, glad I didn't wait 2, 3, 8 months to a year for a Callies!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellesone
Yes Callies takes a while on cranks.. thats what happens when your one of the best ... lots of demand.... Callies will prep the crank how ever you want..
The wait time isn't the problem. Tell people the truth when they ask for a delivery time, and don't change your story according to who is asking.

Quick Reply: TSP House brand Rods & Crank