Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

**Need help passenger head leaking need a plug***

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default **Need help passenger head leaking need a plug***

Can someone give me a part number for the plug that goes inthe rear of my TFS 220 heads. I was about to start my AES 390 and as I was putting in the antifreeze it all started coming out of the the hole in the rear of the head. I read that this hole is drilled out for aftermarket water temp gauges but I just need to plug it for the mean time. Can someone tell me what I can use to plug it. Please give me the thread pitch and the length. I believe I read it was 1/2 npt can someone confirm.. Thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it is stock your temp sensor will thread into it. GM sells the plug if it is still that thread, but I don't know the number by memory. I buy them from Scoggins Dickey.

Kurt
Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427
If it is stock your temp sensor will thread into it. GM sells the plug if it is still that thread, but I don't know the number by memory. I buy them from Scoggins Dickey.

Kurt
Thanks Kurt I thought the leak was coming out of your steam ports. LOL I thought I didnt torque them down right, but I found out it was that plug.. Thanks fo the info..

Quick Reply: **Need help passenger head leaking need a plug***