Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

2008 L92 with aftermarket cam HP numbers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2008 L92 with aftermarket cam HP numbers...

I am in the process of getting a l92 from a 2008 Escalade and I wanted to see where I'd stand with the setup I am looking to put down.

Engine:

08 6.2l l92
-stock l92 heads
-swapping ls3 intake/stock TB
-g6x3 cam (was told to use this cam its a monster on numbers)
-stock everything else besides upgrading timing chain while its off and upgraded oil pump while we are swapping oil pan to fit into the Monte Carlo

Trans:

-4l80e
-torq converter.....Suggestions?

Rear:

-drop in 9 inch with 4.11 gears 31 splin axles, posi

This is being dropped into a 85 monte carlo ss and its main purpose is a stout lsx swapped street car with the occasional strip appearances. This is by no means a weekend warrior or track car/trailer queen. I want this to be as DD'd as possible for not being the actually daily driver but I want to be able to drive it whenever I want.

Again, just looking for numbers on this setup, helpful suggestions that will help me out but keeping in mind its somewhat of a budget build so doing a complete H/C/I and other high $$ items is really not in the question. And I know if I had the money to buy this motor and trans why skimp on other things? Well I figure with the platform its already producing numbers stock that are good and I just want to have a cam KIT swapped in to add some nice power and ridiculous sound!

Any other questions or suggestions are welcome! Again, complete newb here so don't bash me too much!

Thanks, Justin.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

So you're swapping out the VVT setup?

For a DD/street car in a heavy monte, you might want to consider keeping VVT and looking at the TSP VVT-2 or VVT-3 grinds...

(Are you Gunnar's friend BTW? )
Old 08-30-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI

For a DD/street car in a heavy monte, you might want to consider keeping VVT and looking at the TSP VVT-2 or VVT-3 grinds...

Not sure about the VVT. It will be in hands of a excellent LSX shop in RPM at some point in time and will have all my questions answered there as well but for now just for the sake of it I wanted to get a jump start on the build for what I am wanting.

And yes I am friends with Gunnar...I am the reason he has a Monte, well my Monte is, lol.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI

I agree. Look into keeping the VVT.

Quick Reply: 2008 L92 with aftermarket cam HP numbers...