Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Knock Sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Knock Sensor help

I had been getting codes on the Knock sensor and finally got around to replacing them. I Bought both Knock Sensors and The entire harness just so I could be sure I fixed everything the first time.

Got everything out and sure enough Bank 1 was corroded and sitting in water basically.

After the swap, new sensors, new Harness, a nice dam around the sensors to ensure water wouldn't get back in. Cleared the code and went for a drive, within 4 miles it was throwing P0327 again (Bank one). I just took the intake back off figuring I pinched or broke a wire, but everything looks good. The wire was pushing pretty good between the intake and the coolant line (could tell from the RTV that I put on it, you could see a small indention where the intake was). Everything looks good, any idea what it could be?

All I can think is to swap the sensors and see if it follows the sensor, but I don't want to keep having to take off the intake. Not sure what else to do to test.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this on an aluminum or an iron block? I just wonder if there was more corrosion and the knock sensor isnt making a good connection to ground.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. After posting I went and removed the harness completly and started peeling back the protective tape they combine the two wires in and Harness one wiring was crushed with bare wire showing. It must have got caught under the Coolant line when I bolted the intake down. All I can figure is LS6 intakes are fatter because I remember having to shave some ridges off the bottom to allow the lines to clear when I put the new intake on. So there isn't much room for clearance.

Going to have to buy an new harness and try one more time.

Quick Reply: Knock Sensor help