Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Hp tuners / VVT help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp tuners / VVT help

Guys, I could really use some help here. I have a mast cammed LY6 w- LS3 intake, DBW and all the normal bolt ons as well in. 67 Cutlass conv. have a 4l85e stock converter and a 3:70 9" rear. Can't find a single person anywhere around me that can tune the VVT correctly. i have been burned twice so far. Found some great guys locally that finally have my car running well enough to drive around but it's no where as strong as it should be according to MAST and others running similar combos. They have never messed with a VVT motor so The VVT is turned off. Car is an absolute pig off the line, fairly decent in the upper rpm's but nowhere as strong as it should be for this combo.
I have a copy of my tune in an email they sent me but I can't open or do anything with it as I don't have hp tuners or a laptop... Only an iPad.
Any tuning gurus out there that wouldn't mind takings look at it for obvious problems if I emailed it to them? A guy in Jacksonville offered to help me but he couldn't open the file as he uses EFI live. I'm at my end of my rope here. Thanks!
Steve.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kanner1
Guys, I could really use some help here. I have a mast cammed LY6 w- LS3 intake, DBW and all the normal bolt ons as well in. 67 Cutlass conv. have a 4l85e stock converter and a 3:70 9" rear. Can't find a single person anywhere around me that can tune the VVT correctly. i have been burned twice so far. Found some great guys locally that finally have my car running well enough to drive around but it's no where as strong as it should be according to MAST and others running similar combos. They have never messed with a VVT motor so The VVT is turned off. Car is an absolute pig off the line, fairly decent in the upper rpm's but nowhere as strong as it should be for this combo.
I have a copy of my tune in an email they sent me but I can't open or do anything with it as I don't have hp tuners or a laptop... Only an iPad.
Any tuning gurus out there that wouldn't mind takings look at it for obvious problems if I emailed it to them? A guy in Jacksonville offered to help me but he couldn't open the file as he uses EFI live. I'm at my end of my rope here. Thanks!
Steve.
the biggest thing with the vvt cams is making sure you have the right cam core in the motor. by your description it doesn't sound like this is true. with the normal vvt set up,you should have a very broad power band, you seem to have the opposite. with the vvt being shut off on a vvt cam, it's doing the exact opposite which makes me think you have the wrong core in there. it should have all kinds of torque and zero top end with it shut off in the tune.

Last edited by Area47; 12-13-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cannot MAST supply the correct VVT tables for your camshaft. It so have your tuner load them in. I know if you buy a TSP VVT camshaft they provide the correct VVT tables for the particular camshaft that you are buying.

Quick Reply: Hp tuners / VVT help