Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

416ci with prc 2.5 heads!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 416ci with prc 2.5 heads!!!

hi guys ok this is my second project this month

now i now it sound like a stupid project and prc2.5 is small on 416 ci maybe i missed the calculation for the ci cuz its my first time to get a 4.125 crank !!

with scat crank 4.125

but i cant buy a better heads for now so ill stick with them

my pistons is wiseco 4.080 on a lq9 block i know its too much but i saw some ppl running 4.125 !!!

its an n/a truck with a small cam Texas Speed 224/228 .581"/.588

and 102 fast intake with 102 tb

so any guess how much hp ill be close to and would the block will hold the 4.080 piston ?

Last edited by corvette_uae1; 05-13-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

With that head n cam combo on that size motor it go make stupid torque. Have your neck brace ready ;-)
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Rofl mismatched combo is mismatched.

4.125 crank
4.080 iron block
tiny *** 224/228 cam
OEM ported heads

At least you're being different
Old 06-04-2013, 05:42 AM
TECH Regular

If my maths is correct that 4.125" stroke will give you a 431cid
Old 06-04-2013, 06:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

431 is what I got. But what are your cylinders head combustion chamber sizes? I hope it's not a 5.3 head cause you'll be one high compression motor lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Assuming dished pistons to keep CR pump gas friendly and that it'll be paired with an auto, I'd say 430-450whp.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

I'll say 450+ if u r running 11.5:1 compression or higher.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

not a very good setup at all. you should of done a 408 with that block, you have now created a overstroked/overbored engine, no chance in ever rebuilding it when it needs it. good luck with the setup but you could of made the same HP out of the stock bottom end and had something reliable, also good luck with the 4.125 stroke on that LQ9 but im going to suspect your going to have massive oil consumption since the pistons are going to come out of the bottom of the skirts
Old 06-06-2013, 04:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the problem with really long stroked motors they will burn some oil, but it can run good with those parts don't know why everyone is ******* it so hard. He could sell the heads though and get some ls3 heads for it and that would help some, but in all honestly ever car on here doesn't have to be a race car.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Always2Slow
That is the problem with really long stroked motors they will burn some oil, but it can run good with those parts don't know why everyone is ******* it so hard. He could sell the heads though and get some ls3 heads for it and that would help some, but in all honestly ever car on here doesn't have to be a race car.
I agree that all cars aren't race cars and that the OPs combo should make massive torque. It would be a fun street setup that should fry the treads at will. The big problem I see is the compression. A big torque street setup isn't much fun if you have to ride to the airport or dragstrip to fill up with 8.00 a gal race fuel.
A cheap set of 317s with a CNC job would help keep your setup more street friendly, and you wouldn't have to change intakes like you would with the LS3 heads.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:54 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by 82cetuner
...also good luck with the 4.125 stroke on that LQ9 but im going to suspect your going to have massive oil consumption since the pistons are going to come out of the bottom of the skirts
If you're going to dog on someone's build, at least know what you're talking about.

First of all, the pistons don't come out of the skirts, they would come out of the bottom of the cylinders. The skirts are actually part of the pistons themselves, so what you just stated doesn't really even make sense.

Second, you're regurgitating an old stigma with the 4.125" cranks that manufacturers like Wiseco have since remedied with their skirt designs, and people like you have no idea what's actually going on in the market except what you read from someone else here on the internet from years ago. You can get the 4.125" stroke cranks to work with minimal oil consumption. The "break over" in the piston is the largest diameter, and back on the older stuff, it was too low on the piston to use with the 4" and 4.125" crankshafts. It would come out of the bottom of the cylinder, leaving the piston to rock and create poor ring seal. Fast forward almost a decade and companies like Wiseco have released shelf pistons for the 4.125" and up crankshafts that place the break over higher on the skirt so it will not come out of the bottom when piston reaches BDC. The result is a piston that rocks very little at BDC, and maintains good ring seal with minimal oil consumption.

If anything, the downside to a 4.125" stroke crank is the decreased compression height of the piston. No big deal for a N/A application, but for a blower or nitrous car, you would want to use less stroke and a sticker compression height piston for the increase in strength. With PRC heads and a 224 cam, I wouldn't think he would be anywhere near the limits of the forged piston designed for a combo like this.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCS
If you're going to dog on someone's build, at least know what you're talking about.

First of all, the pistons don't come out of the skirts, they would come out of the bottom of the cylinders. The skirts are actually part of the pistons themselves, so what you just stated doesn't really even make sense.

Second, you're regurgitating an old stigma with the 4.125" cranks that manufacturers like Wiseco have since remedied with their skirt designs, and people like you have no idea what's actually going on in the market except what you read from someone else here on the internet from years ago. You can get the 4.125" stroke cranks to work with minimal oil consumption. The "break over" in the piston is the largest diameter, and back on the older stuff, it was too low on the piston to use with the 4" and 4.125" crankshafts. It would come out of the bottom of the cylinder, leaving the piston to rock and create poor ring seal. Fast forward almost a decade and companies like Wiseco have released shelf pistons for the 4.125" and up crankshafts that place the break over higher on the skirt so it will not come out of the bottom when piston reaches BDC. The result is a piston that rocks very little at BDC, and maintains good ring seal with minimal oil consumption.

If anything, the downside to a 4.125" stroke crank is the decreased compression height of the piston. No big deal for a N/A application, but for a blower or nitrous car, you would want to use less stroke and a sticker compression height piston for the increase in strength. With PRC heads and a 224 cam, I wouldn't think he would be anywhere near the limits of the forged piston designed for a combo like this.
I wish there was a like button for post..

Now excuse me I have to go check my rod bolts, I have to make sure they are stretched so I dont spin the bolt and bearing lol

Quick Reply: 416ci with prc 2.5 heads!!!