Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cam help please!!!

I'm in the process of swapping an 05 4.8 into my old nova and am almost done with engine, I purchased low miles ls2 cam pushrods front cover springs seals and retainers from a friend after looking around and reading ls6 cam specs are the same and that I would only need to swap cover and use different sensor. Well I've assembled motor and today tried to get cam sensor. All the forums say "black sensor 24x" white sensor 58x well I'm using the 1x timing set and my motor is 05 but has stock 24x reluctor wheel I've read and re read and I'm still confused. Some people say some ls2's came with 24x but I can find a black ls2 sensor? At this point I'm so discouraged because I'm so close to dropping my motor in and right now I don't think it will run, should I swap the cam? Or use the lingenfelter box for crank sensor? Or swap reluctor wheel? Wtf I was so excited about doing this swap and have a bunch of money on this and I'm still not done! Someone please help!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So since I'm getting views but no replies would anyone be interested in trading, I have a very low miles stock ls2 cam with front cover,bracket and wire. Would like to trade for ls6 or similar cam, one that uses 24x rear mounted crank sensor like my factory motor, if the deal is right I might have brand new ls2 crank and cam gear. (1x) to include. If interested pm me
Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have a reply in another post.

Quick Reply: Cam help please!!!