Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

D514A coils, new takeoffs ? Sorry, wrong section.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 04:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Default D514A coils, new takeoffs ? Sorry, wrong section.

I bought some of these from an ebay seller. They were listed as new GM Takeoff's

I received them, and all good there. They are brand new and in excellent condition.

But...I cant see any part numbers anywhere ? And the rear of the coils are sealed with black epoxy. Any pictures Ive seen are usually white/cream epoxy. And there is usually a part number visible on either a coil or the bracket, or some sort of GM marking. These have nothing.

Are there cheap aftermarket companies making and selling complete coil/bracket/harness kits ?

or are they genuine ? Just seems odd for an OEM part to have no part numbers or markings at all.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 06-08-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: wrong section
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set of coils like that. If I can remember, later today, I'll check them for p/n's.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

Just noticed I put this in the wrong section....oops

Also fitted the coils tonight, and 2 of them arent working. All wiring is good, ecu signal good, 2 dont fire.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 AM
9 Second Club

Well looks like the seller did send me some cheap ***** "rally brand" as they called them.

Cheap **** brackets, wiring and coils ! Why the hell they bothered is beyond me ! Even if it was local it would be ridiculous, but sending them 5000 miles for them to now have to get them sent back is just mental.

Nook and Tranny have sorted me out with wiring and brackets and Ive took a gamble on a new set of original coils via ebay again ( probably a bad idea )
Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM
9 Second Club

To finish this off.

got my new coils from another seller on egay, and combined with the new brackets/wires from Nook & Tranny all is running fine again.

All I can say to anyone thinking of buying coils or parts on ebay.

AVOID SELLER "EVALERO1". They advertise genuine GM parts, but will send you fake/counterfeit cheap crap parts which will fail within minutes.

Do not buy from Evalero1 under any circumstances, it isnt worth the hassle. Have to say, that is the first time Ive been well and truly screwed over on ebay, and they havent even refunded me properly. I'm out almost $100 because if their fraudulent activity.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
To finish this off.

got my new coils from another seller on egay, and combined with the new brackets/wires from Nook & Tranny all is running fine again.

All I can say to anyone thinking of buying coils or parts on ebay.

AVOID SELLER "EVALERO1". They advertise genuine GM parts, but will send you fake/counterfeit cheap crap parts which will fail within minutes.

Do not buy from Evalero1 under any circumstances, it isnt worth the hassle. Have to say, that is the first time Ive been well and truly screwed over on ebay, and they havent even refunded me properly. I'm out almost $100 because if their fraudulent activity.
Allow me to second this. I'm a new member and interestingly, don't have an LS1 motor but an LT4 in an Impala SS. But while doing a search on an ebay seller that I believe ripped me off, i came across this. I bought what Evalero1 listed as genuine Moog Problem Solver Balljoints K6292 for my 1998 chevrolet suburban. In two years, they failed. Moog parts carry lifetime warranties, but the likely Chinese/offshore crap that he peddles is worthless. Evalero1 no longer sells front end/suspension parts. I am through buying name brand stuff off of ebay, especially if expecting a warranty.

Quick Reply: D514A coils, new takeoffs ? Sorry, wrong section.