Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Please help with my charged 427 over heating

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help with my charged 427 over heating

Ok I bought a ls7 motor out of a show car from a I thought was a good performance company in so.cal for my cts-v I have had over heating prob ever since I have had it it has a 4.2 liter blower on it right after I first got it it would over heat ok I have tranny cooler, oil cooler, the biggest cooler for the super charger you can get that said I got the motor about a year ago and it has been in the shop for at least 10 of those months I race the car in the speed ventures events the first time I got 2 laps around the track over heated the shop said one of the sleaves slid out told me and some crank bearings were bad had the car for three months said they would rebuild the motor they said they did all fixed now! Ya right next race didn't even get one lap at just cruising in a lower gear and guess what it over heated. Ok so now its blowing steam out the tail pipe ok I know that's usually the sign of a blown head gasket back to the shop then they told me it was the blower pulling up the heads so they talk me into the most Expensive heads you can buy well it should have been covered buy the warranty right! he gave me a 1 year 12,ooo mile neither has come up yet so I paid for the heads $7,500 plus what ever he charged for install so maybe I could drive my car finaly in that time he wouldn't turn up the blower the whole time ok so he got the car in feb and I just got the car back in may ok he told me with the new heads that he had no prob turning the blower all the way up witch I know has to do with different size pulleys so in the middle of may they said I could pick up when I arrived I asked if the pulleys were changed I got pissed off and said that was not our agreement so two weeks later I got the car back had it one week over heated just driving around town so I took an oil Analysis and the results came back with antifreeze in the oil & lead which I was told was from a spun bearing well when I took back to the shop he told me the lead content was because of the oil they use. So my question is sorry for the story just thought you should no what I have gone thru for $45,000 worth of motor and heads and stuff ok my question is is there any truth to the oil having a lot of lead in it and why is the the motor still getting antifreeze in it please HELP don't no what else to do thanks in advance for any help
Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ross lollar
Ok I bought a ls7 motor out of a show car from a I thought was a good performance company in so.cal for my cts-v I have had over heating prob ever since I have had it it has a 4.2 liter blower on it right after I first got it it would over heat ok I have tranny cooler, oil cooler, the biggest cooler for the super charger you can get that said I got the motor about a year ago and it has been in the shop for at least 10 of those months I race the car in the speed ventures events the first time I got 2 laps around the track over heated the shop said one of the sleaves slid out told me and some crank bearings were bad had the car for three months said they would rebuild the motor they said they did all fixed now! Ya right next race didn't even get one lap at just cruising in a lower gear and guess what it over heated. Ok so now its blowing steam out the tail pipe ok I know that's usually the sign of a blown head gasket back to the shop then they told me it was the blower pulling up the heads so they talk me into the most Expensive heads you can buy well it should have been covered buy the warranty right! he gave me a 1 year 12,ooo mile neither has come up yet so I paid for the heads $7,500 plus what ever he charged for install so maybe I could drive my car finaly in that time he wouldn't turn up the blower the whole time ok so he got the car in feb and I just got the car back in may ok he told me with the new heads that he had no prob turning the blower all the way up witch I know has to do with different size pulleys so in the middle of may they said I could pick up when I arrived I asked if the pulleys were changed I got pissed off and said that was not our agreement so two weeks later I got the car back had it one week over heated just driving around town so I took an oil Analysis and the results came back with antifreeze in the oil & lead which I was told was from a spun bearing well when I took back to the shop he told me the lead content was because of the oil they use. So my question is sorry for the story just thought you should no what I have gone thru for $45,000 worth of motor and heads and stuff ok my question is is there any truth to the oil having a lot of lead in it and why is the the motor still getting antifreeze in it please HELP don't no what else to do thanks in advance for any help
Ross, Im out of breath trying to read this, silently! If the heads and gaskets have all been replaced, the water could be coming from a deck that's not true and preventing a good seal or maybe a cracked sleeve in the block. Other than that Im lost. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much boost? Yup I'd say its a sleeve as well.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Did you ever upgrade the rad to a larger one? Perhaps the over heating is causing all the other problems.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

punctuation please.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This isint a school session. Nobody cares about a damn complete sentences let's stay on the problem. If you can't read or understand then no need to say anything.

He has found coolant in the oil analysis so, he's going to have to pressure test his coolant system to start off. That will tell him something.

Quick Reply: Please help with my charged 427 over heating