Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

1-1.2k hp build, need a few pointers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-1.2k hp build, need a few pointers.

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Trevor. I have been a long time lurker and sponsor of some other diesel related forums. I see a lot of pipe dream build threads and understand that many people get written off. I hope that isnt the case here and that I can get some good insights.

The engine in question was removed from my sand car because it was pushing coolant under boost. The old setup was: LS6 block, Eagle stoked crank, Eagle H beam rods, JK pistons, stock LS6 heads with upgrade pro comp double valve springs and roller rockers, ARP head studs, Cometic gaskets, custom cam, girdle, 118 lb hr high imp injectors, Aeromotive eliminator fuel pump, twin turbos (not sure on specs), tuned for E85 and 15 lbs of boost.

Car was plenty quick considering it weighs just 2700 lbs but it was pushing coolant so we pulled it out in the off season. Found out the previous owner had improperly repaired two lifter bores, a couple of the cylinders where out of line, the bore was too large for the pistons, and the pistons were collapsing. So I bought a brand new LS3 block off a guy on craigslist and had it shipped to me. It came in only to find that although it was new, the motor was pretty tore up and there were even 3 cracks around one of the head stud holes.

Soooo, I borrowed a 6.0L steel block from a buddy. Tore it down to a bare block and got it down to a local machine shop, Koerner Racing which will be completing the assembly. I ordered a set of 63mm 3.2 AGP turbos, P trim with an S cover and billet wheels from Brett at Racers Edge. He will also be doing a full CNC port job and getting a set of stainless steel 6000 series Ferrea valves for me. I will be reusing the Eagle stroked crank, rods, injectors, head studs, girdle, and cam. Still running E85 and same fuel system, same boost level. Will be ordering a Holley high rise intake and throttle body of some kind.

Im looking for any advice and components/areas that I have missed or am lacking. Im not a huge budget but I want to do this right and do it once. I should also note that I need to have this together and tuned by Nov. 1st. So this will be coming together rather quickly. Any help is appreciated guys! Thanks for the wisdom and insight!

Last edited by E85TTStroker; 10-18-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't use the eagle crank for that much power, and make sure to upgrade to a set up on the rods.

I worked at AGP for years. Great guys. Those turbos are badass and should make killer power. AGP is building a twin turbo 416 for the shop camaro right now and working on a twin kit for the c7.

Quick Reply: 1-1.2k hp build, need a few pointers.