Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Precision Racing Heads/Cam Package for 430-450RWHP

Old 11-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Precision Racing Heads/Cam Package for 430-450RWHP

I am planning on installing a 6.0 LQ9/T56 into my 91 Z28 this December. My goal is to be in the 430-450 RWHP range.(LS6 Intake, Ram Air, Full exhaust, Cutouts)

I came across this kit and have a few questions.

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1170-pr...m-package.aspx

Will this kit put me where I want to be HP wise?

What options do I need/should select?

Does this include everything needed with the install?

Do I have to worry about Fly Cutting?

Anyone have this kit, if so what are your thoughts?

If not what Heads/Cam kit would?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default In my op.

Those are fairly aggressive cams I personally know a cam with 222 intake duration using the ls3 heads on a 6.0 L can make a lot of power and be very mild, best is to use those same heads which are excellent and contact Camhelp@guerragroup.com and fill out their application and have a cam build for your combination, there will not be a better cam and for only $25. you owe it to yourself.
You can get a ported throttle body a good cold air intake and an ls3 intake manifold and good long tube headers and you will likely beat your expectations.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

I just ordered that exact setup last month in a 67cc flavor. TSP sent the wrong cam, so I'm debating on keeping the 231/236 or swapping out to their 235/239.

TSP's 235/239 LS3 cam is their max effort cam without fly cutting. The 231/236 keeps about 5-7 points under 3k over the 235/239, but the 235/239 gives it back up top.

You'll need to reuse your rockers or get new ones, as well as new head gaskets. I'd also opt for the ARP hardware...you (and me) aren't pushing enough to warrant studs, bolts will be plenty...but they're better than the stockers.
I'm totally rebuilding/blueprinting my LS3 from the bottom up, so I ordered everything...I don't know exactly what you'd need.

Your cathedral port LS6 intake will NOT work though. You'll need a square port LS3 intake to fit those heads.

Should hit your power goals just fine though...likely more so. I'm looking at the 500rwhp range with this setup on my LS3.

I'm doing...
-PRC LS3 CNC heads/Yella Terra shaft rockers/Brian Tooley .660 Platinum springs/Comp 7.4 pushrods.
-1 7/8" headers
-TSP cam
-ported LS3 intake/tb
-25% UDP
...plus all supporting oil and cooling mods.
Everything I've read and compared says this combo should be right in the 500rwhp ballpark.

Also If you're ordering soon, and not decking the heads, I have an extra set of PRC .675 valvesprings and the 7.450 pushrods you'll need...I'll let 'em go to get rid of them before the holidays...would save you a few bucks and get you the same parts TSP would send with the package.
I've had them too long to return, am running a different setup now, and can't use them.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can reach your goal with a much milder, more street friendly camshaft and get better drive ability. More important than the max HP on a dyno, is the average power it makes.
Im confident my LS3 combo makes well over 400RWHP, but it starts making power below 3K and pulls hard to 7K. And that is with a cam with 220 at .050 duration. LS3 heads will make great power up high with a longer duration cam, at the cost of power below 4-5K, BUT a short duration cam with the LS3 heads makes great power down low, as long as you have a fair amount of overlap. That means the LSA has to be tight to make that happen. Its a formula that not many use, but I can tell you from personal experience, it makes as wide a power band as Ive seen from the Rectangular port heads. It also keeps the combo mild enough to get great results without a loose stall or deep rear gears.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Precision Racing Heads/Cam Package for 430-450RWHP