Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LQ4 Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 Options

So doing a lot of reading on updates to do to this motor I have, an 01 LQ4. Being that LS blocks are basically the same except stroke and bore etc I have a few questions. A lot of write-ups and reads are street/strip based, videos all show videos of high horsepower, nice lobe at idle.... all that is fine and dandy, but not exactly what I am looking for.

So here is my question...

In my research an LS1 has 305-350 hp stock
LS2 has around 400 stock
LS3/L92/L99 400-430 stock
LS6 385-405 stock
LS7 505 Stock
LS9 638 Stock
LSA 556 Stock

I only listed these as they are all stock numbers.... none of these vehicles have massive lobe at idle and run like a bat out of hell. Some obviously faster than others.
I am not looking for LS9 power but something with a lot more get up and go than the stock 300 hp. I also want it to be something that can easily be driven daily... something I would feel comfortable with maybe my wife or daughter driving if they had to.

This vehicle will be a cruiser/sleeper, not a light to light car, although I will romp on it from time and time. So my question is how can I make a LQ4 have the power between a LS3 and a LS7 while maintaining the mannerisms of a stock vehicle?

Parts I have here are a LS6 intake/LS1 throttle body combo and also LS3 heads and intake (no throttle body yet). If someone has dyno proven results that achieve this I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: LQ4 Options