Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L76/LS2 Top End Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L76/LS2 Top End Kit

I've got a 09 G8 GT with the L76 6.0. Just came out of the dealership for a DOD/AFM repair (lifters and guides). I know Trick Flow and some of the forum businesses offer top end kits, is an LS2 kit compatible with an L76? I know the engines are not identical, but in my head I would imagine they are similar enough to be compatible.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The L76 uses an LS2 block so generally yes, they're compatible. However, your L76 has the square port heads which flow really well. Going back to an LS2 cathedral port head would probably be a step back unless you're spending a healthy chunk of money on CNC heads. I think you'll see the most bang for the buck with a DOD/AFM delete kit, bigger cam, and stiffer valve springs (to control the bigger cam.) Try to find something that is designed to work for the square port heads (aka L92, L76, LS3 heads) that are on your car now!

To put it in perspective a little better, guys with LS2's want to get their hands on the heads that you already have. It's an upgrade for them.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastKat
The L76 uses an LS2 block so generally yes, they're compatible. However, your L76 has the square port heads which flow really well. Going back to an LS2 cathedral port head would probably be a step back unless you're spending a healthy chunk of money on CNC heads. I think you'll see the most bang for the buck with a DOD/AFM delete kit, bigger cam, and stiffer valve springs (to control the bigger cam.) Try to find something that is designed to work for the square port heads (aka L92, L76, LS3 heads) that are on your car now!

To put it in perspective a little better, guys with LS2's want to get their hands on the heads that you already have. It's an upgrade for them.
Agreed
Old 01-14-2014, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

TSP have cams that allow you to keep the DOD/AFM and still make respectable power. Unless you just want to get rid of the DOD for the hell of it.

x2 on keeping the rect port heads.

Quick Reply: L76/LS2 Top End Kit