Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Need Help 2001 Trans Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help 2001 Trans Am WS6

Ok guys I need help I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 automatic I want to do a few mods to kick up the horsepower.

I want to do a cam: Which kind is best?
Intake I heard LS3 or LS6 would bolt on
Gears what is best I want to daily drive but still good gears 4:10s 3:75??
Stahl which is best and brand
Nad I hear 102 mm fast fast??

That's pretty much it but I want to know what everyone recommends brands and what not to do. Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 05:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

From what I understand, the LS3 intake wont fit an LS1 powered car without changing the heads to the LS3 heads. The most common upgrade is the LS6 intake. Which I think your car comes with stock (but I could be wrong)

Your airflow from the intake is the least of your worries right now. Do your free mods first. Block off your EGR, Cut the excess plastic inside the ram air intake, do the throttle body bypass (coolant line), and then an intake system (KN filter, SLP lid, ect)

Ive heard good things about FAST, but you wont be able to use the 102mm unless you have LS3 heads. 90mm is plenty, even with a good cam.

With an A4, I would run the standard 3.73s. If it were an M6, I would advise the 4.10s
Old 01-13-2014, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by jwindbigler
From what I understand, the LS3 intake wont fit an LS1 powered car without changing the heads to the LS3 heads. The most common upgrade is the LS6 intake. Which I think your car comes with stock (but I could be wrong)

Your airflow from the intake is the least of your worries right now. Do your free mods first. Block off your EGR, Cut the excess plastic inside the ram air intake, do the throttle body bypass (coolant line), and then an intake system (KN filter, SLP lid, ect)

Ive heard good things about FAST, but you wont be able to use the 102mm unless you have LS3 heads. 90mm is plenty, even with a good cam.

With an A4, I would run the standard 3.73s. If it were an M6, I would advise the 4.10s
Thank you for your help
Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He is correct, the LS3 intake will only work with LS3 heads. And with your car being an 01, it already has the LS6 intake on it. However you don't have to have LS3 heads to a fast 102mm setup as they make them for both square port and cathedral port heads but I would worry about getting some bolt ons and a cam in there before you worry about that. Bolt ons, a stall and gears will make it feel like a completely different car alone.

Quick Reply: Need Help 2001 Trans Am WS6