Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

434 mutt build

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 434 mutt build

Hi folks, new to the forum and have been snooping around the engine build threads for LS expertise. I'm in the process of building a new motor to replace the stroked LS1 currently in my sand rail. Engine computer will be a Mefi system. I'll keep posting progress and questions looking for advice during the build. I've purchased a few parts from board members here and on Corvette forums to date and will be purchasing parts over the next coupld of months as funds become available. Hoping to get 600 or so RWHP
Currently purhcased:

Darton MID sleeved block- current bore 4.125 but heading to machine shop to punch out a bit and a line bore this week. Has ARP studs
Pistons-New Wosner 4.155 stroker pistons/10.7:1
Ported LS7 manifold with shaved intake to fit 102mm T/B
New ATI balancer
LS2 coils and coil mount
Stock LS7 rockers with Pro Comp trunion upgrade
FAST 60lb injectors

Still need to purhcase:
Heads-Planning on ported pro comp ls7- I have a buddy that is a dealer and seem to be a pretty good head for the money.
Crank/Rods-Lanati 4.0 stroker crank with correct rods
Cam-Lanati custom-still not sure on grind so watching a few of the threads here pretty closely.
102mm T/B-Still debating on this one. NW, PTM or FAST? Also really like the Accfab 95MM throttle body and understand that they will have the 102mm out by May of this year.
I have access to a flow bench and full race prep maching shop for balancing and screwing around with porting.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

LS7 intake isnt going to keep up with 450 inches.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke
LS7 intake isnt going to keep up with 450 inches.
We will varify flow on the ported LS7 intake. If this doesn't work, we will go with the FAST 102.

Quick Reply: 434 mutt build