Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

what heads would be a good choice

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what heads would be a good choice

hey so i have a 06 gto with a maggie and i am selling the maggie to install a twin turbo kit from upp. well what heads should to lower the compression a little. im running ~5-6 psi now with the twin turbo id like to run 8-10 psi so to help the motor last long i want to lower the compression. but i dont want to spend a lot cuz i will spend a lot when i go with a forged 427. i was thinking 317's with a stock ls2 intake. but ive read that l92 heads have a larger combustion chamber as well. is this true? if so what compression will i be looking at if they are similar in size then i will just do the l92/l76 set up i just dont know enough about them. ive tried google but havent found anything definite i saw 71cc and 68cc. thanks for the help!!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can just keep the tune safer by running less timing and make less power than going through the hassle of lowering the compression by swapping heads. If going through that trouble I would definitely recommend the LS3 top end as the heads will flow better as well as the intake being the LS2 intake is garbage or you could just run meth on your current setup to keep it safe and make more power without lowering compression

Quick Reply: what heads would be a good choice