Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

help with ls2 gen4 startup issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with ls2 gen4 startup issues

Hi guys and girls,

i have a dilemma that im stuck with solving on my own even after spending a week on my laptop reading and more reading

I have never had an issue with my car prior, its cammed and tuned and hasnt missed a beat. the issue i am having is i used to turn the key and the car would start up idle a bit over 1k rpm for a second or so then drop down to the normal idle range.....well that was until i replaced my alternator ( the first part i have had to replace due to a fault) anyway i did disconnect the battery before commencing this job and think it may have caused a issue not sure.

what is happening now is that i turn the key and it sputters revs to max 800 or so then drops and stalls, if i turn the key again it sometimes starts or does the same thing and stalls this is all without throttle, if i use throttle it has no issues starting first go, it drives normal.

after reading possible causes i decided to replace O2 sensors before cat but this didnt solve the problem, i am stating to lean towards the air temp sensor in my OTR as possible cause as i did use some throttle body cleaner on it after cleaning my throttle body.

i have not inspected my sparkplugs and leads yet as they are only 15K km's old and car still have no hesitation or power issues, i have eliminated my cats as it sounds normal and frys the tyres, any help or previous experiences appreciated

thanks
George
Australia
Old 05-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have experienced the same thing any time I disconnect the battery on my truck. It seems the computer has to re-learn how to idle. Truck would drive fine but would stall if it had to idle. It usually takes one day of driving with multiple shut offs and restarts to get it back to a normal state. This is with the factory computer.

Quick Reply: help with ls2 gen4 startup issues