Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

engine running problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine running problem

Hi All

Just recently got an LS 3 in a 67 Firebird, Posted on Street Outlaws as July cover car in Canada ( not sure if that matters but you can view it if you like )
Engine is a mild build with better head and cam and a 92 mm TBC.
I have had it tuned and for the most part happy.I have put 300km / 160 miles on it
I recently left the ignition key on with out the engine running for about an hour by mistake. Now the problem
The engine fires up but quits just as quick, as if it was not getting fuel but I am showing 60 lb on the pressure meter for fuel. It primes no problem and fires on 2nd turn of motor
The computer in it is out of a 2002 Camero and I am leaning to believe that somehow the computer has defaulted into an anti theft mode. I have disconnected the battery for 12 hours and reconnected it thinking it would erase any retained crap but continue to have same problem.
Any suggestions or do I need to have Howell Racing reprogram computer again?

Help Please
Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying 2 think of who would I call if I had that problem. 1st hit Howell and ask what maybe the problem and how 2 reset it correctly... but I would call LME,LMR,510 Race Engineering,or Fastlane.. all in Houston..
also Go make a friend @ your local GM service dept. helps.

Last edited by lil john; 07-06-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lil john
Trying 2 think of who would I call if I had that problem. 1st hit Howell and ask what maybe the problem and how 2 reset it correctly... but I would call LME,LMR,510 Race Engineering,or Fastlane.. all in Houston..
also Go make a friend @ your local GM service dept. helps.
My buddy at GM Dealership was the one that advised to disconnect battery for a few hours and reconnect. I guess Howell is the next step, but I would have thought they would have got rid of any type of anti theft program
when they overwrote the stock computer for the 6.2 liter engine

Quick Reply: engine running problem