Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Sorry for another help me choose a cam thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry for another help me choose a cam thread

But I'll try to be concise.

I've got a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer (5.3 LH6) that I'm going to have to re-work the top end (again ) due to DOD / AFM issues.

This time, I'm doing it myself and am looking to upgrade a few things while I'm in there.

Apparently, I have to swap the cam anyway for the DOD delete, so I figured I might as well upgrade the cam. But, I don't know much about how to choose the right setup.

This needs to be a daily driver type of vehicle. Not interested in 'racing' (track, street or otherwise) but I'd like to pump out as much power as I can with what I've got. I'd rather not get into swapping heads or high-stall converter. I might do some exhaust upgrades though. And, I'm all for upgrading the stock (non-existent) exhaust sound.

So, where should I look for the new cam and what specs would be good for my setup?

Thanks.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm guessing you might want to consider something more along the lines of what was once referred to as a "RV" cam. Take a look through some of the sponsors and see if they have anything that is suggested for Truck/SUV duty. They can always spec you a custom cam, too.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SunBUm
But I'll try to be concise.

I've got a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer (5.3 LH6) that I'm going to have to re-work the top end (again ) due to DOD / AFM issues.

This time, I'm doing it myself and am looking to upgrade a few things while I'm in there.

Apparently, I have to swap the cam anyway for the DOD delete, so I figured I might as well upgrade the cam. But, I don't know much about how to choose the right setup.

This needs to be a daily driver type of vehicle. Not interested in 'racing' (track, street or otherwise) but I'd like to pump out as much power as I can with what I've got. I'd rather not get into swapping heads or high-stall converter. I might do some exhaust upgrades though. And, I'm all for upgrading the stock (non-existent) exhaust sound.

So, where should I look for the new cam and what specs would be good for my setup?

Thanks.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...hp-22rwtq.html

Quick Reply: Sorry for another help me choose a cam thread