Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LS3 dipstick issues

Old 08-29-2014, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 dipstick issues

Ok, here's the scoop. Fresh built LS3, 500 miles. LS3 PCV system in the valley.

Dipstick kept popping out under load, to try and relieve the pressure I installed this in the usual LS3 spot, in between PCV and intake.

Dipstick still pops up. From what I've read, I need to tie in the 2 valve cover ports (Holley only come with one each) by T'ing them together then into the catch system at some point. Right now, the passenger side goes to the TB, so some T'ing is gonna have to happen.

My question: Are they T'ing into the dirty side? I'm not 100% sure on flow on these, first LS lol. And if I'm way off, someone show me the right setup please. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

For I while I ran my two holley covers t'd for the PCV inlet to the air cleaner maf tube. Valley cover to CC, CC to SC vacuum port. As a back up installed a checked Metco breather (out only, no in) in the drivers filler. JRE has them threaded for the holley covers. (Jannetty Racing)

Didn't carry too much oil that way. Previously used the pass holley cover for inlet and driver's side to the catchcan but it sucks a lot of oil as the holley covers breath way more. HTH

I just have an unchecked single port unvented Rx catch can though.

SLP instructions for mine cap the valley and pull in the pass and out the drivers stock cover to the sc.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

So update. The catch can was installed in the PCV system, but is still bone dry after repeated driving and dipstick blowouts. No PCV flow would def. explain it...

How often do these become clogged?

Can I bypass it altogether and just hook both valve covers up to the vented can, then return it to the TB?
Old 09-06-2014, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

That bypass did it. Did some haaard pulls. Dipstick is still down. Feels like it's running smoother too. And jesus does it pull all day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS3 dipstick issues