Originally Posted by Krazyolman
have kept my eyes open for an L92 for the past few months. Looking to finalize a deal on one with 34k miles, harness, ECU, oil cooler, etc.
This will be going into a 1967 Cadillac DeVille Convertible. I will probably not be able to use the stock intake. And I will go the VVT delete route.
1. What intake will work to get the lower clearance rquired?
2. What, other than a VVT delete kit is required? I assume a new cam? At least
8 new lifters? I am in the dark in that area.
3. Any other known obstacles I need to be aware of?
Thanks ahead for any input.
1. LS3 intake will work great.
2. Just the VVT delete kit. You can swap cams if you want. A lot will depend on your intended combo. Lifters have nothing to do with VVT, you are thinking AFM, which the L92 does not have (but a L94 does...so make sure you know what you are buying).
3. A L92 is easy to deal with. I started with one for my 70 GTO swap and basically turned one into a LS3 (but I used a LS7 cam for more power).
Look in my GTO build thread for more details (link in signature).