ERL is closing and Moving ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ERL is closing and Moving ON!

Jumped on YB and here it is:
http://www.erlperformance.com/

Steve @ RED still does the same machining process and has and was around before & after ERL. Get the savings while the getting is Good & Cheap.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Seen that mentioned. Seems surprising for a company who seemed to have a good rep ? and no real competition ?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:19 PM
Banned

Stevie that's how it is when your losing money not Everyone goes out and buy's a sleeved block and workers or employees have to get paid. Dart,RHS,World and the LSX block are the real competition. Besides Steve. They had a Damn good run.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:35 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dark Energy
Stevie that's how it is when your losing money not Everyone goes out and buy's a sleeved block and workers or employees have to get paid. Dart,RHS,World and the LSX block are the real competition. Besides Steve. They had a Damn good run.
ERL always seemed to have a good rep. RHS/World.....often when you see those names mentioned it's because users are having serious issues.

Dart still seems relatively new and unproven ?

LSX does seem to be a strong option, but for me I would never want the weight penalty.

It'll be interesting to see if anything useful from ERL in their stock does go cheap now.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTH! I built a motor with a superdeck short block last year. Short block was an awesome piece of work. Good company to work with too.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Dang I just saw this. Kind of wanted to use them for a 454 build eventually, but I guess after putting it off year after year for 3 years it's my own fault! Too bad they were a great place for the LS community.

Is RHS the only other resleever out there for big cube options (outside of aftermarket blocks like the LSX and Warhawk, etc)?
Old 04-14-2017, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 536 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
Dang I just saw this. Kind of wanted to use them for a 454 build eventually, but I guess after putting it off year after year for 3 years it's my own fault! Too bad they were a great place for the LS community.

Is RHS the only other resleever out there for big cube options (outside of aftermarket blocks like the LSX and Warhawk, etc)?
I wouldn't use a RHS block. It's all over Facebook how guys are having problems with the cam journals on those blocks.
Dart makes a block but after seeing this post on Facebook and the guy says this the third one he have seen like this.
Texas speed makes a dry sleeved aluminum 5.3 block now for 2000 dollars which is the one I would recommend unless you want to go iron ( weight panelty).
Old 04-14-2017, 01:25 PM
9 Second Club

That's a cracking looking block...

Some people mention this guy as an alternative ?

http://www.raceenginedevelopment.com/

Although TBH....unless you really need something extreme. Factory blocks are pretty well proven. Whether LS2, 3, A or for more money LS9.

They might not push the maximum cubes etc, but they're all pretty damn strong and ample for many.

Or if happy with smaller engines, just a stock 5.3 block
Old 04-14-2017, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Steve will be doing my block. If ever talk to him on the phone you wouldn't let no one else sleeve a LS motor. Very good guy with years of knowledge.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Steve is badass. He knows his ****.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by NHRATA01

Race Engine Development or RED or Steve would be my choice for any and all resleeve projects. He developed the Darton MOD system.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Where is all this stuff on facebook,I can't find it?
Old 04-15-2017, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
Where is all this stuff on facebook,I can't find it?
Lil John Motorsports.... John Bewley.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Sad news. Was one of my top choices for my motor build
Old 04-15-2017, 09:42 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,082 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Race Engine Development or RED or Steve would be my choice for any and all resleeve projects. He developed the Darton MOD system.
I received my block back from Steve last Wednesday. Steves work is absolutely top notch. As said above, if you ever called Steve and spoke to him, you'd easily understand why he does what he does. It's currently at my local machinist getting billet Katech pinned mains installed, main bore line bored and honed, and final cylinder hone.
Will be a 434" with a complete Mamo Ls7 top end. Build thread coming soon!
Old 04-16-2017, 02:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Che70velle
I received my block back from Steve last Wednesday. Steves work is absolutely top notch. As said above, if you ever called Steve and spoke to him, you'd easily understand why he does what he does. It's currently at my local machinist getting billet Katech pinned mains installed, main bore line bored and honed, and final cylinder hone.
That sounds like a mean recipe for HP and disappointment for many unsuspecting victims yet Oh so much fun! Great to know where to go for the Darton Sleeved LS7 block for more cubes! Looking forward to learning about this build!!
Old 04-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting, I have an almost identical build ongoing... RED sleeved block at 434ci, Tony's heads cam and intake (although not a composite for me). Will watch for your build thread.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:23 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,082 Posts

Originally Posted by carbuff
Interesting, I have an almost identical build ongoing... RED sleeved block at 434ci, Tony's heads cam and intake (although not a composite for me). Will watch for your build thread.
Bryan, I didn't realize that you were building another engine for TOW.
I will post the build over at LatG as well. Ported MSD intake for me.
I am amazed through all of this how easy to talk to both Steve and Tony are.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bryan, I didn't realize that you were building another engine for TOW.
I will post the build over at LatG as well. Ported MSD intake for me.
I am amazed through all of this how easy to talk to both Steve and Tony are.
Quick version of a long story: I have the engine out while I do the subframe swap. I wasn't satisfied with my oil pressures during my last track day, so we're doing a checkup and one internal change. While I'm at it, I decided to try a different setup. I've always wanted an LS7 top-end, but I never did it due to intake options. Edelbrock has released a Super Victor LS7 intake, so I'm looking to give that a try. It's several weeks away between my builder and Tony's schedules though...
Old 04-19-2017, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Damnit, memory is going on me. I did mean RED, not RHS...seen Steve's name around in the resleeving game for a lot of years.

That's awesome, can't wait to see the build thread. Kind of along the lines of what I wanted to go with, even to the point of farming out the top end and intake to Tony.

Quick Reply: ERL is closing and Moving ON!