Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LG Motorsports In Car Video Mid Ohio World Challenge C6 inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Motorsports In Car Video Mid Ohio World Challenge C6 inside

Hi Guys,

Here is the link for the Latest race in our LG Motorsports Corvette C6 World Challenge race car. http://lgmracing.com then click on the Mid Ohio In car.

We finished 4th in between two CTSv Caddys with Max Papis in 3rd and Andy Pilgrim in 5th.

It was a technical race with some strategy but very little action like when I satlled at the standing start in Atlanta.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

More video here: www.lgmracing.com

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 05-26-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a Big Video.

How is the new body working out for you guy's? I remember all the posts about what you can and can't do and that had to suck, but was curious if the body design itself helps in anyway? I remember reading that the new C6 body style is more aerodynamic.

Man that's a coll vid. Makes me feel like racing.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

MAN. Great Driving on the Atlanta Race. That was plain ol Shitty luck through out.

That was a Great race. I love how you were comming back from behind.

The Ohio race looked like you didn't have the room to manuver through a couple of the Curves. Good Race.

Now St. Peterburg was a Nice One. MAN. Going through the 2nd and ESPECIALLY the 3rd straight-a-way I was wish for you to have more RPM's. You were pushing it hard. Very nice win and Race.

Keep the Vids comming. Those are Nice.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Lou,

Every time I watch your vids, I see myself behind the wheel...
Old 05-28-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man. I Wonder How the Ultima would hold up against his Car. That would be a cool Race to watch. I know his car is more resrticted, but watching him drive is Pretty Convincing he has the Skills to win. Go get him Louis. lol
Old 05-28-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Richiec77
Man. I Wonder How the Ultima would hold up against his Car. That would be a cool Race to watch. I know his car is more resrticted, but watching him drive is Pretty Convincing he has the Skills to win. Go get him Louis. lol
Well, the power-to-weight of the Ultima could afford some kind of advantage, as it's not built to compete in an everybody-must-be-restricted-except-Vipers environment. I don't know how much Lou's car weighs, but the Ultima will be 2,500 lbs. with gas and me in it. With DOT tires, it pulls 1.176 on a 200 ft. skid pad. I am planning on about 650 crank HP, so, it all comes down to the numbers really. If I could drive a reasonably clean line and keep my tires, I imagine the Ultima could be very competitive. As stated, it really wouldn't be an appropriate comparison, but it sure would be fun to be on one of those fantastic courses with Lou...either way!!!

The Ultima is built to take public roads to the track, slaughter...I mean massacre every street-legal car at track-day events, then drive home.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know. I love the Ultima Kit. Really sweet. Didn't Car and Driver or one of those other Mags that does the Heads-up Racing Ban it?

I believe that was about 1-2 years ago.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Richiec77
I know. I love the Ultima Kit. Really sweet. Didn't Car and Driver or one of those other Mags that does the Heads-up Racing Ban it?

I believe that was about 1-2 years ago.
Yup, there are a couple of "public" series where the Ultima is banned. It should be, as it's completely unfair. There are very few, if any, street cars with this power-to-weight ratio. Maybe an RX-7, or a Porsche 914, either with an LSX could be close. But, in the Ultima, you have all of the wind-tunnel-tested aero and very nice weight distribution in a package that was designed for a small block, from the get-go. It's tough to beat.

Enough about the Ultima. Get me started and I can't shut-ups. If you want to chat, PM me... More videos, Lou!
Old 05-29-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Veteran

saw it on SPEED yesterday, great job!

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports In Car Video Mid Ohio World Challenge C6 inside