Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

FAST intake for LS2 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default FAST intake for LS2 question

On friday, I tried to install a 90mm FAST intake onto my friends 2005 C6 vette,...I did not suceed.

The rear brake vacum outlet seemingly wouldn't allow me to get the intake all the way back because it was hitting the composite firewall.

Anybody install one on a vette yet? I have seen a 2005 vette with one last week. SO I know it bolts on,...just not sure what to modify. I didn't want to CUT into his car.

ANy idea's fella's?

Thanks,..J
Old 10-03-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several posts already that detail it, do a search for FAST LS2 and you'll find one with detailed instructions.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GTO_Scott
Several posts already that detail it, do a search for FAST LS2 and you'll find one with detailed instructions.

cool, thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

searched that by the way...everyone just seems to say the same thing...."C6 needs to be modifeied to fit".... and no real advice.

AIf anyone know what exactly to do,...let me know,..

thanx
Old 10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
searched that by the way...everyone just seems to say the same thing...."C6 needs to be modifeied to fit".... and no real advice.

AIf anyone know what exactly to do,...let me know,..

thanx

It's a known problem and people have been pounding in the firewall to get it to fit. Not something I would want to be doing to a new corvette. I've been told Lingenfelter has actually broken windshields doing it. I would recommend calling FAST directly and see if they have come up with a solution yet.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Katech
It's a known problem and people have been pounding in the firewall to get it to fit. Not something I would want to be doing to a new corvette. I've been told Lingenfelter has actually broken windshields doing it. I would recommend calling FAST directly and see if they have come up with a solution yet.

Thanks dude...(already on hold with them)

It looked a little weird,...and the last thing I wanted to do was to start banging in the firewall with my friend(owner) sitting there watching. It didn't seem right.

Thanks again.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks dude...(already on hold with them)

It looked a little weird,...and the last thing I wanted to do was to start banging in the firewall with my friend(owner) sitting there watching. It didn't seem right.

Thanks again.

Let us know how it goes. I was just looking at the FAST manifold and comparing it to the stock one. It's just slightly bigger and I can see where the end of the manifold rubs on the firewall.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let us know how it goes. I was just looking at the FAST manifold and comparing it to the stock one. It's just slightly bigger and I can see where the end of the manifold rubs on the firewall.

Just got off the phone,...talked to two dudes...the only fix as of NOW,...is to pound in the firewall.

I did see the fast on a C6 last week but, it was a T1 speced race car,...at a local dealership, so, i'm gonna see if I can look at that car. I'm a little aprenhsive about doing so but, i'll ask the owner to see if he wants to do this.

I'll let you know , and i'll see if I can do some pictures if he wants me to do this.

J
Old 10-03-2005, 03:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

duh tell him to go on a beer run...while hes gone break out the bfh mod
Old 10-03-2005, 03:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just got off the phone,...talked to two dudes...the only fix as of NOW,...is to pound in the firewall.

I did see the fast on a C6 last week but, it was a T1 speced race car,...at a local dealership, so, i'm gonna see if I can look at that car. I'm a little aprenhsive about doing so but, i'll ask the owner to see if he wants to do this.

I'll let you know , and i'll see if I can do some pictures if he wants me to do this.

J
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the info.

Never a problem,...and thank you for your help.

Jamie
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe you can modify the back of the FAST intake (the part that hits the firewall) and if I'm not mistaken I have seen a post where someone talks about making that happen. I think they cut and shortened the rear part of the plenum that sticks out and epoxied it back together with a piece of plastic to cover the hole created.

I don't own a C6 to check, but maybe one of you guys can check out the viability of that fix....seems like it wouldn't be to difficult for a do it yourselfer type.

Curious as to what you guys find out...

Tony M.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
I believe you can modify the back of the FAST intake (the part that hits the firewall) and if I'm not mistaken I have seen a post where someone talks about making that happen. I think they cut and shortened the rear part of the plenum that sticks out and epoxied it back together with a piece of plastic to cover the hole created.

I don't own a C6 to check, but maybe one of you guys can check out the viability of that fix....seems like it wouldn't be to difficult for a do it yourselfer type.

Curious as to what you guys find out...

Tony M.

...looking at it,..."I" don't see how that could be done with this thing. Not saying it can't,...just looking at it as I type...and by looking at it, you would have to CUT off one of the bolts/screws that hold the intake together. So, you would have to , like you said,...maybe weld(plastic stylie) them together..... but I don't know how well it would hold up.

Maybe JB weld would work. And I am only partially jokeing... it probably would work. Just not sure if I have the ***** to cut this thing.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts

If you do a search here and the vette forum you would see it has been done many times and all of these questions are fully answered. I'll cover most of them here again.

The LS2 fuel rail does fit but you need to use washers that are oversized to hold it down. You don't bend it.

The injector o-rings must be changed for the ls1 size.

The firewall issue as described here is totally overblown to be such a big issue. You don't bang anything. You cut a 3" by 4" openning out with a dremel that takes 30 mins. at best. Mine took longer since I wasn't sure what was behind it....nothing was. Once reglassed over it looks completely stock.

I did no mods to the manifold itself.

There is no way in hell I can see how anyone, let alone lingenfelter, broke a windshield. Verify that with the source. My manifold is on now for about 2 months with no issues. I would do it again in a heatbeat. The firewall looks stock.

If you cut the manifold, you own it for life....it wont have any resale value. The mod to the car is minor and looks very stock. No one would know it was done unless it was pointed out to them. In selling the car, 1% of the people looking for a vette would know what this intake is anyway.

For a modded car, you will pick up 20rwhp or more if it is portmatched. Put it on and you will have a smile plastered on your face since it was one great power mod that didnt require a dyno to verify that you scored big.

Last edited by Spinmonster; 10-03-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
If you do a search here and the vette forum you would see it has been done many times and all of these questions are fully answered. I'll cover most of them here again.

The LS2 fuel rail does fit but you need to use washers that are oversized to hold it down. You don't bend it.

The injector o-rings must be changed for the ls1 size.

The firewall issue as described here is totally overblown to be such a big issue. You don't bang anything. You cut a 3" by 4" openning out with a dremel that takes 30 mins. at best. Mine took longer since I wasn't sure what was behind it....nothing was. Once reglassed over it looks completely stock.

I did no mods to the manifold itself.

There is no way in hell I can see how anyone, let alone lingenfelter, broke a windshield. Verify that with the source. My manifold is on now for about 2 months with no issues. I would do it again in a heatbeat. The firewall looks stock.

If you cut the manifold, you own it for life....it wont have any resale value. The mod to the car is minor and looks very stock. No one would know it was done unless it was pointed out to them. In selling the car, 1% of the people looking for a vette would know what this intake is anyway.

For a modded car, you will pick up 20rwhp or more if it is portmatched. Put it on and you will have a smile plastered on your face since it was one great power mod that didnt require a dyno to verify that you scored big.

so you glassed over it?.....

ok. I can see that. I figured out all the other fuel rail stuff,...just by useing an ls6 manifold I had laying around.

Thanks for your input man.

Quick Reply: FAST intake for LS2 question