Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation IV Internal Engine
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Generation IV Internal Engine
2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9
Sponsored by
ERL Performance

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 07-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1
Default ls2 waterpump pulley removal

I am attempting to install a ls2 waterpump on my f-body ls1. The only problem I see is the pulley needs to be shimmed out about 3/8". I am just wondering what it takes to remove the pulley from the pump. Ive got a 3 arm puller on it right now with no luck. Any recomendations for me?

thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

I used a hacksaw to get mine off but, of course, I destroyed it. I couldn't figure out how to get that puppy off or even move it. I guess I'd try to weld a machined piece on to it that a puller would grip although you might distort it. The LS2/7 pump does give you more clearance in front of the engine. I ended up using a Meziere remote water pump which has worked really well so far, i.e. 6 months and 3000 miles of daily driving.
@ .050, .570/.570, Lunati springs, Ti. spring retainers, chrom-moly pushrods, LS6 intake, LS6 heads soon, Katech rod bolts, modified Holden pan, ARP head studs, Mcleod aluminum flywheel, Camaro 6-speed, '01 BMW M Roadster front and rear suspension. This little 2700# beast has been my daily driver since I fired it up on Oct. 16, 2005, and it runs absolutely flawlessly.
GMW-CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW-CSL
I used a hacksaw to get mine off but, of course, I destroyed it. I couldn't figure out how to get that puppy off or even move it. I guess I'd try to weld a machined piece on to it that a puller would grip although you might distort it. The LS2/7 pump does give you more clearance in front of the engine. I ended up using a Meziere remote water pump which has worked really well so far, i.e. 6 months and 3000 miles of daily driving.
Well after three days with the puller on it and a couple good whacks with a hammer I finally got it to move. However I think I may have damaged it as I can hear a slight rubbing noise when I turn it by hand. I may just run it for now to see if it clears up on its own. Ugh
Old 02-09-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

anyone else have any luck with this? Is the difference in the actual pulley or is there a spacer or what? Sorry to bring this from the dead...........
BLWN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

im also about to get the ls2 water pump for clearance issues, do you think heating up the pulley with a blow torch would help it move?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

I tried everything I could think of to move the waterpump pulley on an LS1 pump with no success. If you heat it you'll undoubtely fry the seal.

I used a remote mounted Meziere electric pump for my '88 BMW M3/LS6 daily driver and it has worked flawlessly for three years now. This option gives you lots of room.
@ .050, .570/.570, Lunati springs, Ti. spring retainers, chrom-moly pushrods, LS6 intake, LS6 heads soon, Katech rod bolts, modified Holden pan, ARP head studs, Mcleod aluminum flywheel, Camaro 6-speed, '01 BMW M Roadster front and rear suspension. This little 2700# beast has been my daily driver since I fired it up on Oct. 16, 2005, and it runs absolutely flawlessly.
GMW-CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #7
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW-CSL View Post
I tried everything I could think of to move the waterpump pulley on an LS1 pump with no success. If you heat it you'll undoubtely fry the seal.

I used a remote mounted Meziere electric pump for my '88 BMW M3/LS6 daily driver and it has worked flawlessly for three years now. This option gives you lots of room.
yea but it also blows your wallet up lol i just bought a brand new C6 ls2 water pump for $130.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:16 AM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 53, chevy, engine, head, ls2, puller, pulley, pump, removal, remove, silverado, tool, water, write