Originally Posted by GMW-CSL
I used a hacksaw to get mine off but, of course, I destroyed it. I couldn't figure out how to get that puppy off or even move it. I guess I'd try to weld a machined piece on to it that a puller would grip although you might distort it. The LS2/7 pump does give you more clearance in front of the engine. I ended up using a Meziere remote water pump which has worked really well so far, i.e. 6 months and 3000 miles of daily driving.
Well after three days with the puller on it and a couple good whacks with a hammer I finally got it to move. However I think I may have damaged it as I can hear a slight rubbing noise when I turn it by hand. I may just run it for now to see if it clears up on its own. Ugh