Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ETPerformance stepping it up!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Collections Hold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETPerformance stepping it up!!

As most everyone knows, ETP has had a pretty bumpy past couple of years with the launch of our new line of cylinder heads and associated products for the LS market. Over the past year we spent a lot of money and time to revamp our reputation and fix our supply and demand issues. Many of us here at our shop learned that Rome was not built in a day nor do projects such as making a new cylinder head when it is your first. I just wanted to thank all of our vendors and customers that supported us and stuck with us through all of the turmoil and to appologize to the potential or lost customers that waited long periods of time for our product and lost valuable driving/racing time over our lack of delivering a product in a reasonable time. I wanted to wait until we had things together before I made this post. Short of a couple odd jobs, our backorders have gone down from 2-6 months to 2-6 days. Our orders have even doubled every six months since the introduction of our 11 degree heads. We are now stocking most of our product line on the shelf. Many orders can be shipped within a couple of days and some instantly. We have always offered a custom built assembly at a reasonable price, so we keep certain chamber volumes and models on the shelf and customize them per order, so that usually takes a couple of days. We will have our standard 215, 225, 245 and LS7 4" and 4.1" bore heads machined and assembled ready for delivery within the next few weeks, until then, current orders should ship within 1 week of delivery. We have also added a few new products to our line. We now have a cast aluminum valve cover with coil mount provisions which will work on all LS cylinder heads with stock or shaft mount rockers. they can be purchased with PCV provisions or without. We are also offering all of our cylinder heads with the option for a 6 head bolt pattern for either the GM or World pattern. They are still a custom order because of all the variations we make. We are also adding to our product line, ported stock casting L92 heads and we are beginning programming on our new "L92 style" head which will be avalible in all bore sizes and even the 3.9"!! It will feature our 11 degree valve angle and have all the other features that are currently offered in our other cylinder heads. We are now using the "Patriot Extreme" valve springs as our standard spring. We have found it to be very reliable and not to have the instabiliy issues that we have been so eager to overcome with stock lifters. With all of the feedback from our customers we have made a lot of nessesary changes within our business. For the corvette guys, we will be soon offering our 215-245 with a stock length valve and .200 raised valve cover to clear alternators etc. these will only be avalible for hyd rollers.
We are minutes away from having our LS7 fuel rail/throttle body and cable adaptor finalized for use with oem gm ls7 manifolds when fly-by-wire in not used. We are still in process of making intake manifold tooling for our LS series cylinder heads including a 4 barrel manifold to fit the c5r and our canted valve head. Our canted valve heads will now be offered in a LS7 port configuration with a smaller runner volume intended for street and race usage as an upgrade to a LS7. These will still require use of shaft mount rockers, but will be in excess of 400 cfm at streetable valve lifts. These will be a little more budget minded than our current CV race head. We are now well set into our new 20,000 square foot facility featuring 3 five axis and 3 four axis production machining centers and plan to extend our r&d capabilities to help bring us closer to all markets. Thanks to anybody who has read this far through this post and we look forward to being a bigger and better part of the LS market. We may never be the cheapest but always thrive to be the leader with innovation.

Cary
ETP
Old 01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a nice line up and congrats on getting settled in!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
Collections Hold

Default ....

Jason,

We are still waiting on results from your project!! how is it going??
Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job ET!! When will some of the new products be represented on your website?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Hey Cary! Give Erik a call for me about my ET 245`s. Let me know what you think about what he says. Thanks, and its great to hear this about you guys. God Bless!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could you expound on the L-92 style head? I figure it will have L92 architechture and available to use the L-92 manifold but what valve configurations for the 3.9"? What chamber sizes are going to be available with that head? I think a small chambered 3.9" L92 head targeting stock bore all motor/nitrous cars would sell like crazy.

Projected price on anything coming in the future? Looks good though cary and I look forward to buying more of your products. Especially those manifolds.

Marty
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cary et performance
Jason,

We are still waiting on results from your project!! how is it going??
Find me some valve covers and we'll find out! Sent a PM on your covers BTW.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:18 PM
9 Second Club NA

I'm interested to know more on the L92 heads that ya'll are going to offer.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I'm interested to know more on the L92 heads that ya'll are going to offer.

Same here!

Casey
Old 01-31-2007, 06:10 PM
JBM
TECH Enthusiast

Any pics of the valve covers?
Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ET is very professional.
Their machine shop is more impressive then any I have seen.

James P Kinsler
Kinsler.com
Old 01-31-2007, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Argon Z

ET is very professional.

James P Kinsler
Kinsler.com

Carey is an ethical businessman. He has my vote.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:25 PM
CNB
11 Second Club

That is great news!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
Collections Removal

Excellent news about your recovery. Kick ***-take names.
Uh, just not ours-OK?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Now if you could just learn to make paragraphs

Great heads you guys make! Glad to hear things are smoothing out!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs up

Damn, I agree with you Reckless! That paragraph is like Godzilla!

Well I am glad that Joe and Amber's T56Rebuilds.com camaro is running because I don't think anyone has a car with a conventional 3.900 bore engine that runs 146 in the quarter mile at anywhere near that weight!

The fact that they are also running ETP's 245 11 degree heads on that car so that says a lot about the potential of these ETP heads.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

What kind of pricing are you expecting out of the CV LS7 heads? I am building a 470ci and was planning on using your ls7 heads with a ported ls7 intake.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I buy a lot of heads from these guys and in the past it's been tough getting delivery. BUT, Cary and the guys at ET Performance have bent over backwards for me and have NEVER not delivered as promised on the product. They also stand behind ever set of heads they deliver. Yeah, they have "stepped up" for sure!!!! Congrats on getting ship up and running and the heads flowing... <(Yes, a little pun there)
Old 02-01-2007, 05:33 AM
TECH Addict

I love mine, just can`t wait to see what I make with the build. Will post numbers soon! Rock On! And your correct. Cary has had awsome service with me on some past issues. Taken good care of me. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:15 AM
9 Second Club

Good stuff, congrads to ETP!

We have tested some of the bigger brand heads and the ET's have come out on top.

Carey and Craig have also helped us (PSI) out alot with stuff. Cant wait to see the new intake

Quick Reply: ETPerformance stepping it up!!