Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 aftermarket valves..... what is the latest on ETA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
For some of us that 60 bucks helps us afford to spend 7k on a motor setup! 7k on a liability is pretty tough for most.... now if the car paid me a residual income or interest with dividends that would be a different story!

You understand my point though... I am this far in.. an extra $60 is not a project breaker...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Launching!

does anyone know? i see 60 dollars well spent if its made in the USA rather then overseas? any1 with me on this?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 88ls1blazer
does anyone know? i see 60 dollars well spent if its made in the USA rather then overseas? any1 with me on this?
About the only valves manufactured here in the US are titanium valves. Virtually all of the stainless steel performance valves are made over seas. That doesn't mean the quality is less though.

Richard
Old 03-16-2007, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have tracking showing 8 sets arriving at my shop on Tuesday!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 03-17-2007, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HAD to switch valve manufacturers many years ago because of the leading USA made valve breaking the heads off. It was a good move and I haven't looked back since.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Greg Good
I HAD to switch valve manufacturers many years ago because of the leading USA made valve breaking the heads off. It was a good move and I haven't looked back since.

GREG...... did ya get the valves in???
Old 03-20-2007, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

No, but they're on the way. Send a PM in the future please.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

No, but they're on the way. Send a PM in the future please.

whoooooops!

sorry bout that
Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered 2 sets of REV valves for the l92s(2.16/1.60) back in novemeber.....i think it took about 5-6 weeks to get them in(which at the time was faster than i could get the heads themselves) and they look excellent! Should be using the first set next week....
Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Just some clarification guys. I called manley and verified for us, their valves are USA made. I feel this would be $60 well spent, but to each his own. Im not saying rev is bad, im just stating one key difference between the 2 which would be an easy choice for me.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

whoooooops!

sorry bout that
No biggie!

Just trying to save the site some bandwidth. I'll PM you when they get here. Any day now.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Just some clarification guys. I called manley and verified for us, their valves are USA made. I feel this would be $60 well spent, but to each his own. Im not saying rev is bad, im just stating one key difference between the 2 which would be an easy choice for me.
Rev and Ferrea will bend without breaking. Others I've used were like glass rods. This is one case where in my experince the foreign part is better.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Rev and Ferrea will bend without breaking. Others I've used were like glass rods. This is one case where in my experince the foreign part is better.
just out of curiousity which "ones" were these? I'm not trying to disrespect you but that's like saying the tires I had on my car were crap, but the Toyo's I use now are great. Well we know they are both tires, but what were the other ones you are comparing them to?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Look, use what you think is best, and I will use what has worked for me for many years. Not naming names because I don't want to start a flame war. The point I've been trying to make is that the Rev valves (Ferrea too) are better than the American ones I've used, so that's what goes into my customers heads. You like something different? Great! Then by all means use it and reccomend it to others. I have no problem with that. Just don't imply that my decades of experience have no bearing on soundly rating valve manufacturers.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

just out of curiousity which "ones" were these? I'm not trying to disrespect you but that's like saying the tires I had on my car were crap, but the Toyo's I use now are great. Well we know they are both tires, but what were the other ones you are comparing them to?
dont ? the man....... that is like ? Dale Earnhardt on driving race cars. What is the point! lol
Old 03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

88ls1blazer, you brought up tires. Today I had BF Goodrich G-force Sports taken off the front of my car and in their place I had installed a set of used Michelin Pilots on that I bought off E-bay. Now the car doesn't sound like a four wheel drive going down the road and it doesn't have that nagging "bump" that an "out of round" tire makes. The Michelins are NOT made in the USA. Guess where the G-Force's are manufactured?

So what's that you were implying about American quality being absolute?

Last edited by Greg Good; 03-21-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Launching!

I'm not saying American quality is absolute, but I have yet to see any chinese made part that surpasses a quality USA made part, yes, American manufacturers can make junk, period, anyone can, however as i stated a good USA made part will currently always surpass a chinese part. I dont think anyone can prove otherwise. Now when you put cost into the equation thats a little different.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Launching!

dont ? the man....... that is like ? Dale Earnhardt on driving race cars. What is the point! lol
And as far as this comment, I'm not sure how to take this, I will question anyone for their input, no1 is above questioning, just because someone "knows" there stuff doesnt mean a little clarification is in order. Say you did talk to a Race car driver, wouldnt you ask him why he did something a certain way, or what he likes to use and why?

If he was using an american made valve that was a budget line to compete with a mid-level line of an imported valve thats a huge difference then a premium american made valve. I asked what manufacturer it was because it could have been anyone that used to manufacture valves in the US, maybe they dont anymore, maybe they were all junk and went out of business, maybe it was a quality control problem that has since been resolved. Regardless, I asked a question because I felt it relevent.

Since you are stating that I shouldnt question him, wouldnt you question someone that said american cars are junk? Wouldnt you want to know something other than "i had a trans blow up in one", like what car was it, what motor option, what trans option, was it a problem that they had to reengineer to fix it, and if so, did they do that correctly?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Who told you this? Give me their name...they should be fired....
Old 03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Andy, question me until the cows come home. I don't mind it. We both put our pants on the same way each morning. One leg at a time.

I am not saying that Chinese valves are as good as U.S. ones. I am speaking of South American valves. Rev and Ferrea. I don't want to mention the American company's name because it's not my style. I have not posted in this thread to hurt any company's business, but from a defensive position to correct some mistruths about foreign quality. The American company I speak of has steel valves that break like glass, and the moly on their titanium valves is so soft that a teflon seal will chew through it. I like to buy American when I can like most other Americans, but my customers come first, and quality is the main priority. I will fade the heat and it is worth it as long as the product I use is the very best I can get my hands on. I don't care if it comes from Mongolia.

In a fantasy world valves never make contact with pistons. But in the real world where people miss shifts, engine builders don't put enough valve to piston in an engine, etc. etc. valves do come into contact with the pistons. Some valve bend and others just break and blow the engine to smitherenes. What do you want? A chance to replace a bent valve, or to have to shell out thousands just to say you were patriotic and got suckered by a fellow American who didn't give you his best?

Quick Reply: L92 aftermarket valves..... what is the latest on ETA?