Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

h/c setup, 4th or 3rd gen, which is wise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h/c setup, 4th or 3rd gen, which is wise?

choices choices choices...

i have a horrible cam that is not street drivable at all and an old scraping FLP LTs. So decided to change them with more streetable versions. I bought edelbrocks drag version LT's with off road Y pipe, because they were fairly cheap: like 550$ and they are Ti-tech coated or something. Now I am in Europe and gonna be back in a month and a half. I have this time to decide what heads and cam to buy. I feel like I have 2 choices.

EITHER; buy Patriots LS6 stage 3 for 1150$ shipped (last I checked) and a big cam but street drivable of course. This sounds good but I am not sure if it is gonna give me the power I want... I wanna push 450hp to the wheels and then trick it with rockers and fast 90/90 and get it closer to 500. I know it sounds like a dream isn't it?

OR; convert my LS1 to LS2 or LS3 buy l92 heads which are around 900$ and get a cam for that (if you have seen the new ls3+cam numbers you'd know what i mean like 500+) I would save money from heads price and intake but lose from conversion (i don't know how much it would cost exactly not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong another 900$?)

so the real question is, is 1000$ and extra work worth 70-80rwhp?

FORGOT, headers probly won't work with the new heads... will also lose money in returning the ones i bought (they are sitting in my garage waiting for the H/C) So lets say 1500$
Old 07-12-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headers will be fine...

I say swap to a LS2/L92 combo