Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

No Crank

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Crank

have an 05 c6 the car does not crank at all but when i jump wire the starter the car starts and runs perfect..i turned off the vats and did a write entire with HPtUNERS the car started, but when I turned the car off and tried to turn it on it didnt start again

does it need a new ecm ?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Street Legal
have an 05 c6 the car does not crank at all but when i jump wire the starter the car starts and runs perfect..i turned off the vats and did a write entire with HPtUNERS the car started, but when I turned the car off and tried to turn it on it didnt start again

does it need a new ecm ?
Holly crap! you hot wired the starter on a C-5! You are your own worst enemy. Do you have any idea how many computers you sent into logic lock orbit when you did that? The keyless system on that car is very complex, you would be best to tow it to the nearest dealer, and hope you didn't permanently fry something.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GOaT Cheese
Holly crap! you hot wired the starter on a C-5! You are your own worst enemy. Do you have any idea how many computers you sent into logic lock orbit when you did that? The keyless system on that car is very complex, you would be best to tow it to the nearest dealer, and hope you didn't permanently fry something.

LoL no i didnt fry the PCM..the car wont start when i press the button the PCM does not ground the starter relay to crank the car..the car would only start when i hot wire the starter and runs great but when i turn the car off it wont start again until i hot wire the starter.