Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Mast Motorsports Updates and L92 HO VVT Dyno Results

Old 07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mast Motorsports Updates and L92 HO VVT Dyno Results

Mast Motorsports recently finalized our L92 HO calibration on the dyno with our Version 2 Phaser Series camshaft which was designed around GM Gen IV variable valve timing (VVT) technology. We were pleased with the results considering the mild manners and smooth idle of this setup. This camshaft profile was designed to maintain long term reliability in a powerful street engine package. The testing was performed on our SF-902 NSCR engineering grade dyno on 93 octane fuel. The specifics and component details for this engine package are listed on our website at:

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/turnk...main_flash.php

The L92 HO will be available from Scoggin-Dickey Parts Center around Mid-August.

With an MSRP of $11,199 it includes:

L92 GMPP Complete Engine
Mast Phaser Series V2 Camshaft
Upgraded Valvesprings
M-90 ECM/Communications Cable/M-90 EDIS Interface Software
Main Wiring Harness--(includes Dash, MAF, Fan, EGO, Fuel Pump, and Trans(Tremec TKO and T56 compatible) Harnesses)
All Engine Sensors--(including EGO(Bosch Narrowband 02), IAT, and Wideband Knock Sensors)
L76 IAFM--(L76 Intake, GM 90mm DBW Throttle Body, Fuel Rail, and Fuel Injectors)
Air Filter with integrated IAT sensor bung
GM Drive-By-Wire Foot Pedal
Starter
Car Water Pump and VVT Spacers
Coil Packs/Spark Plugs/Ignition Wires

Available options include:
Fuel Pressure Sensing/Correction Kit--($150--Includes Flow though or Schrader valve rail mount sensor which allows the M-90s embedded corrective fuel pressure capabilities to be enabled)
Wideband O2 Kit--($350--Includes access to the M-90s embedded Wideband capability, NTK 7-Wire Lab Quality O2 Sensor, and Wideband harness which plugs directly into the Mast Motorsports Main Harness)
Mast Motorsports Billet Accessories--(Includes opions for any LS Series configuration--See website for details)
Various Oil Pan Options

As you can see below, the VVT and cam swap allows for the 6.2L L92 to make power comparable to 7.0L LS7 power at a fraction of the price. This is an engine package that we are really excited about as it makes big power for the dollar and should be a hit, especially with the LS series conversion crowd. On another note, our LSX block based 454X VVT has been running on the dyno. However, it has been for R&D purposes and adapting the VVT technology to the LSX block. Hard numbers have not yet been finalized for that package. We’ll let you guys know what it makes as soon as it comes off of the dyno.

For those unfamiliar with the benefits of VVT, we posted some testing results a couple of months ago comparing performance with and without VVT. The dyno data from this testing can be found at:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iv-internal-engine/714881-gm-gen-iv-vvt-performance-gains.html

Shaun
www.mastmotorsports.com
Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM
CNB
11 Second Club

Very cool!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
RWC
Staging Lane

Very good results Shaun and thanks for sharing them with us. I looked at your website results and couldn't help but notice that the stock engine with the L92 truck manifold beat the L76 car manifold by 10 hp and 10 ft lb torque at their peaks resulting with higher average numbers overall. Was the manifold the only difference?

There was no direct comparison between the manifolds with your V1 and V2 cams but it looked like the V1 with the truck put out very good numbers and peaked at about 6800 rpm. It is good to see the truck manifold perform so well at those power levels. Are you going to offer the V1 and V2 cams separately from the package as I already have a 6.2L?

Ron
Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is very cool stuff. Looking at the graph it looks like you still have that typical camshaft torque profile. Is it possible to have a flat torque while still having a descent size cam?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RWC
Very good results Shaun and thanks for sharing them with us. I looked at your website results and couldn't help but notice that the stock engine with the L92 truck manifold beat the L76 car manifold by 10 hp and 10 ft lb torque at their peaks resulting with higher average numbers overall. Was the manifold the only difference?

There was no direct comparison between the manifolds with your V1 and V2 cams but it looked like the V1 with the truck put out very good numbers and peaked at about 6800 rpm. It is good to see the truck manifold perform so well at those power levels. Are you going to offer the V1 and V2 cams separately from the package as I already have a 6.2L?

Ron
Yes, the intake manifold was the only difference. The truck manifold outperformed the L76 manifold during our stock cam testing. We are only offering our VVT cams with our engine packages. The reason for this is that without knowing the cam timing map for the stock ECM, customers can get into piston to valve clearance issues. Additionally, on DOD equipped models the DOD would have to be removed to run a non-DOD cam. The cam lobes on the four cylinders that are dropped during DOD operation are actually different from the four cylinders that remain in operation.

Shaun
www.mastmotorsports.com
Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 PM
RWC
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MastMotorsports
Yes, the intake manifold was the only difference. The truck manifold outperformed the L76 manifold during our stock cam testing. We are only offering our VVT cams with our engine packages. The reason for this is that without knowing the cam timing map for the stock ECM, customers can get into piston to valve clearance issues. Additionally, on DOD equipped models the DOD would have to be removed to run a non-DOD cam. The cam lobes on the four cylinders that are dropped during DOD operation are actually different from the four cylinders that remain in operation.

Shaun
www.mastmotorsports.com
Does the truck manifold outperform the L76 with your V1 or V2 cams?

I have access to tune my VVT timing map with EFILive and my 6.2L does not have DOD. Can you supply the VVT timing specs with your V1 cam that will work with the factory ECM?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MastMotorsports

Shaun
www.mastmotorsports.com
This thread has really caught my attention.

You are providing a complete PCM, or an addon unit? Is the engine package intended to be a drop in replacement for typical LS1/2/6 based vehicles? Does the DOD still work in your setup?

Correct me if wrong, but I am assuming you'd get better gas mileage with the VVT setup. Or has it been geared toward power only?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

amazing work guys!

just need to see what a little boost does to one of these now!

Chris.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

damn, thats a hell of a package. I haven't even heard of anything similar to it being attempted. Although I am dissapointed as I have a L76 with AFM and VVT. guess I'm out of luck
Old 07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by greg_nate
This thread has really caught my attention.

You are providing a complete PCM, or an addon unit? Is the engine package intended to be a drop in replacement for typical LS1/2/6 based vehicles? Does the DOD still work in your setup?

Correct me if wrong, but I am assuming you'd get better gas mileage with the VVT setup. Or has it been geared toward power only?
This is a complete standalone system that comes with our engine packages. It is a direct drop in for LS series engines and comes with everything required to run. We do not use the DOD on our engine packages.

We have not yet done any fuel consumption studies on these engines as our testing has pretty much been to maximize power. Hopefully, we will get some hard numbers on this soon because we are interested in this as well.

Shaun
www.mastmotorsports.com
Old 07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

Are you working on a 6.2 VVT cam that makes more hp? Maybe in the 500+ rwhp range?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by M3 Muscle
Are you working on a 6.2 VVT cam that makes more hp? Maybe in the 500+ rwhp range?
Yes we are working on some higher hp setups that are still tame as well as some pretty aggressive stuff. Most of this R&D is geared toward our L92 427 and LSX 454X VVT packages.

Shaun
www.mastmotorsports.com
Old 09-01-2007, 12:14 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by RWC
Does the truck manifold outperform the L76 with your V1 or V2 cams?

I have access to tune my VVT timing map with EFILive and my 6.2L does not have DOD. Can you supply the VVT timing specs with your V1 cam that will work with the factory ECM?
Will yall sell the V1 CAM to Sierra Denali owners? I don't have DOD.

What is the difference between your 6.2L TI crate ($9,299) motor and my stock motor? Just tuning?

RWC I'm in the same boat as you. I use HPTuners and would also be able to share with them my VVT timing or any other timing tables.

Last edited by markislive78; 09-02-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Launching!

wow very impressive

ok but u dont sell the cam only right !!?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mast Motorsports Updates and L92 HO VVT Dyno Results