8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Robin L, Any LSX updates??

hows it going? any updates?

hope all is going good.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think he broke it in Joliet, camshaft pin or something.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
I think he broke it in Joliet, camshaft pin or something.
he broke something "small that ouldnt be fixed at the track." im sure its all taken care of.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 AM
8 second mod

oh, that sucks. hopefully its back up soon. i cant wait to see results!!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

While we had it apart I decided to make a few changes. Originally we had used the C5R heads as well as a 55MM Cam to get the engine up and running. Now my 60MM cam is about done as well as a new intake for a "revised" set of heads. Since all is just about ready we felt it better to spend the time getting that combination ready.

Rather than buying new valves (bent when cam bolts sheered) I think that I want to switch out to the new heads. Our combustion chamber size is better in regards to piston dish and valve pockets. Diamond has made us some killer pistons and I want to try them since we had the engine out.

As soon as we get it on the dyno I will let you know the results. This time we will tune the Nitrous on the engine dyno.

Thanks for the interest!

Robin
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Why the change in heart on tuning the engine with hose on the dyno? Not flaming, but very curious.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh oh.. good luck Robin
Old 07-31-2007, 07:25 AM
8 second mod

how did the cam bolts go?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
Why the change in heart on tuning the engine with hose on the dyno? Not flaming, but very curious.

No problem, I am not in favor of spraying on the dyno, I have made that very clear on my other posts In order to better tune the clutch I need numbers closer to what I will see in the car. We can guess all day long what a pill will make but untill you run it at the track or get numbers on the dyno it's just a guess. The engine ran well so I feel good about the combination.

Robin
Old 07-31-2007, 09:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Noyzee
how did the cam bolts go?

There are only 2 ways that they break, they were loose or got loose. It happens, we fix it ...learn and move on. It probably won't be the last mistake we ever make

Robin
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Robin L
There are only 2 ways that they break, they were loose or got loose. It happens, we fix it ...learn and move on. It probably won't be the last mistake we ever make

Robin
oh, i wasnt sure if it was a defective part or what. that sucks, but it should be even bader when its done.
good luck
Old 07-31-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Robin,
Back in the mid ninty's I broke all three bolts on a Jesel belt after winning the semi-final round in Modified street in Atlanta (I had the final covered by 3 tenths's). After that run I remembered not torquing the three bolts, DOH!!

Kurt

Robin
Old 07-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

No problem, I am not in favor of spraying on the dyno, I have made that very clear on my other posts In order to better tune the clutch I need numbers closer to what I will see in the car. We can guess all day long what a pill will make but untill you run it at the track or get numbers on the dyno it's just a guess. The engine ran well so I feel good about the combination.

Robin
Makes a lot of sense. I figured you'd be happy with that motor. What are heads going on that thing now? They gonna be a GM production CNC race LS7 head?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
Makes a lot of sense. I figured you'd be happy with that motor. What are heads going on that thing now? They gonna be a GM production CNC race LS7 head?
Extremely worked over C5R race heads iirc. Even drilled to accept extra head studs from the LSX block. iirc.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 427
Robin,
Back in the mid ninty's I broke all three bolts on a Jesel belt after winning the semi-final round in Modified street in Atlanta (I had the final covered by 3 tenths's). After that run I remembered not torquing the three bolts, DOH!!

Kurt
Ouch, If you work on enough stuff your going to have somthing slap you back to reality. These engines/cars can humble us from time to time.

The new heads flow about the same as the C5R. It's just another revision. For our deal the chambers are larger so we don't have to dish the piston as much as the C5R. Also the spacing on the intake bolt holes is a little wider. It was a hassle with the bolts so close to the runners on the earlier intake.

With the Nitrous i wanted more material in the piston top. These heads will help in that area.

We may put the heads and intake on a 420 cubic inch NA deal just to see what it will do.

Robin

Quick Reply: Robin L, Any LSX updates??