Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Still dead: Another vaccuum question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Still dead: Another vaccuum question

Ok, quick rundown.

The motor is an LS2 with L92 heads and an L76 intake. The trans is a newer 4L80e. The car is currently untuned.

When I got the car back the AC would not blow through the top vents but it would blow cold at the bottom vents. I sent it back to the shop and they put in a new ac cannister or something-I don't know-that is why I pay people to do the work.

Anyways, he told me that there was a secondary issue at fault as well. Something with the vaccuum lines. He spent several days chasing down the vaccuum leak and I believe he found it. He hooked everything back up besides one vaccuum line. He told me to check on here to see if I could see where it goes and then bring it back to the shop today. I drove the car to work this weekend and everything was fine. Then, the ac started making a bad knocking sound and the car died. The battery itself is actually dead. What would cause the battery to die while the car is actually running?

The vaccuum line he needed to know about is the line coming off the brake booster. He put a t-splitter in the line and he knows he didn't just do it for nothing so he's been hunting for it's destination. The line coming off the t-splitter from the brake booster is over a foot long and can reach to quite a few spots. So, where do the 2 vaccuum lines go that come off the brake booster in a similarly engined car?

Also, any tips on what could be wrong with the AC and the battery dying? School starts soon and I won't have time to f--- with this then so hopefully you all can help me
Old 08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was your alternator that took a puke the car runs off the alternator when the engine is running, so if the alternator wasn't working your car was running on the battery the whole time until it died. I am not sure about the vacuum lines, you need someone that has a vacuum line diagram... GM dealer may be able to print off for you, Chilton's manual's might have them. From what I remember on my car I don't think I have a t-split coming from the brake booster... I may be wrong though.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Ya the t-split in the lines was necessary for the LS2/L92/L76 engine combo. I can have him ask a chevy dealership but I was hoping to get some help from someone who has done the swap. TTT
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Is the vacuum accesories line(for the HVAC doors inside the dash)hooked up? It's behind the intake.

+1 on the DOA alt./dead battery issue.

Quick Reply: Still dead: Another vaccuum question