Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Stock ls2 Honing a cylender wall

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock ls2 Honing a cylender wall

If i Hone a cylender wall in my Stock LS2 block and its a Staight 4.000 in Bore .. would i have to go with a little bit bigger Bore pistons like a 4.010in piston ? and would it be better to Hone all 8 cylenders or just the One #7 cylender wall ? Cause a little peice of my piston in the #7 chipped off in the cylender wall and i was just wondering if i would have to hone it .. i cant feel anything wrong with the wall , but it looks like very fine scratches .. so someone please help me out .
Old 08-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Banned

Depends upon the depth of the scratches, if the cylinder can have a few tenths honed out and it will still fall in the spec for piston to wall you can put in a std size piston. Generally if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail you need some work done. If you end up needing to go .010" over you replace all the pistons...

I think an important question at this point, is what caused the piston to break, and are others at the point were pieces are going to start breaking off....it's rare that I tear a motor down with only one piston that has failed.

Spray?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default cylender honing

ok man thanks again ,,

Quick Reply: Stock ls2 Honing a cylender wall