Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Will LS1 parts go on an LSX block?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Will LS1 parts go on an LSX block?

I am looking at getting an LSX 440 for my daily driver 02 Z06. Do I need all the cross over covers and wireing for the LSX like I would for an LS2? It seems to only come with a front cover and cam plate. Will my valley pan, rear cover, oil pan and knock sensors go on the new block? If I have to buy a $400 dollor package I may be forced to go with an L92 block to keep the cost down. I am looking to make 600rw NA then add a 250 shot. Does any one know for sure what the block comes with and what will cross over.

Brett
Old 09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I am looking at getting an LSX 440 for my daily driver 02 Z06. Do I need all the cross over covers and wireing for the LSX like I would for an LS2? It seems to only come with a front cover and cam plate. Will my valley pan, rear cover, oil pan and knock sensors go on the new block? If I have to buy a $400 dollor package I may be forced to go with an L92 block to keep the cost down. I am looking to make 600rw NA then add a 250 shot. Does any one know for sure what the block comes with and what will cross over.

Brett
The block comes with the rear cover and cam plate. You will need a ls2 timming cover and gears, vally cover, knock sensors, Wire harnes from ls1 to ls2, and head studs for 2004+ lsx (all the same lenght bolts) I think that covers it all
Old 09-18-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks. I have ARP head bolts due to the fact I have an 05 LS6 block. I also have ARP main fasteners. Can I use those as well? Can I make my own extensions to the knock sensors and use the ones I have? I noticed your put gears with the front cover. Does this mean my Roll master double adjustable won't fit under the LS2 timing cover? Does the block come with all the oil and coolant plugs with it? Sorry for all the questions. I am just sick of buying things twice and going way over budget. I am trying to get all my research done before I spend a penny. I also checked out your motor earlier. That thing is going to be sick. If I can do 600rw with a cam in the 240's-250's I will be estatic. Thanks again.

Brett
Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks. I have ARP head bolts due to the fact I have an 05 LS6 block. I also have ARP main fasteners. Can I use those as well? Can I make my own extensions to the knock sensors and use the ones I have? I noticed your put gears with the front cover. Does this mean my Roll master double adjustable won't fit under the LS2 timing cover? Does the block come with all the oil and coolant plugs with it? Sorry for all the questions. I am just sick of buying things twice and going way over budget. I am trying to get all my research done before I spend a penny. I also checked out your motor earlier. That thing is going to be sick. If I can do 600rw with a cam in the 240's-250's I will be estatic. Thanks again.

Brett
Yes your main bolts will fit, you can make your own extensions but you will have to buy the sensors and plugs they are different but only around 17.00 each, No you cant use the LS1 timming gears due to the ls2 has the cam sensor in the front cover you will also need to extend the harness for this as well still no big deal.
Yes the block comes with everything else you will need but 2 flat allenhead bolts for the cam plate the ones they give you will not clear the cam gear.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

What he said.

Robin
Old 09-19-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys. It looks like I will just save up some more money and do it right the first time. Is anyone selling the engine block as a complete package, i.e. with all the covers and sensors? If not, I can get all this stuff from my local Chevy dealership correct.

Chevpower. I noticed in your other thread you were running Diamond 4.185" pistons. Are those an off the shelf item? If so, what is the cc dish?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys. It looks like I will just save up some more money and do it right the first time. Is anyone selling the engine block as a complete package, i.e. with all the covers and sensors? If not, I can get all this stuff from my local Chevy dealership correct.

Chevpower. I noticed in your other thread you were running Diamond 4.185" pistons. Are those an off the shelf item? If so, what is the cc dish?
No they are custom

Quick Reply: Will LS1 parts go on an LSX block?