Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

NA build opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NA build opinions??

I am either going to build a big NA motor or a procharged motor. Right now I am weighing the options on both. If you could build any NA motor using any platform with a budget of about 15k...what would you build? I was really thinking of using the LSX block but haven't thought of a complete setup. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
Old 09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Since you have such a big converter I would vote for the big cubes NA with the LSX. Thats my new setup in the future. Did you ever run in the King of the Street race in Jackson. I was suposed to with my car but I moved to Illinois. I got a shakedown run on a 125 shot and went 6.39 @ 108 but when I was gonna run that one I was gonna run a dual stage 250. The 125 dry plus 125 wet.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

No. I was going to have to have the gas to be competitive with the 275/60s. But with the converter that I had at the time, spraying it wouldn't have worked out very well. I actually didn't race much this year. Alan has done pretty good in the outlaw class.

As far as the converter that is in it, it will be changed with whatever setup I go with. Either setup is going to be too much for my tranny so the tranny will be changed for a th400 or glide. I will get a new converter that will work with whatever setup I choose. But the big cubes NA with a LSX is definately the road I am thinking about taking, if I don't go with a procharger setup.

Nice times....get to the track and run that dual stage before it gets too cold up there.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TN94Z
No. I was going to have to have the gas to be competitive with the 275/60s. But with the converter that I had at the time, spraying it wouldn't have worked out very well. I actually didn't race much this year. Alan has done pretty good in the outlaw class.

As far as the converter that is in it, it will be changed with whatever setup I go with. Either setup is going to be too much for my tranny so the tranny will be changed for a th400 or glide. I will get a new converter that will work with whatever setup I choose. But the big cubes NA with a LSX is definately the road I am thinking about taking, if I don't go with a procharger setup.

Nice times....get to the track and run that dual stage before it gets too cold up there.
Cool deal, keep me posted on your progress. I have to do some weight reduction and install a cage before I can run much up here. The times that I ran were full weight with ac and all of the stock stuff. I still have the stock tunes pretty much and the stock injectors, fuel pump to go with all of that. I hope for faster times next season and then its 454 LSX.