Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Gen IV Engine Selection Help

Old 12-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gen IV Engine Selection Help

Hello all,

I am new to the site and I would like to ask you all a few questions. It is now time in my '93 RX-7 project car build to start seriously looking at which engine and components I will select. I will lay out a few baselines I would like to stick to. Run totally reliable on 91 to 93 octane pump gas. Have a street able enough cam to be able to take it to work routinely on nice days and to cruise around when not on the track. Produce between 500 and 550 rwhp. My budget for the long block, engine accessories, T-56, ECU and harness is between 15 and 20 grand.
As I see it, I have quite a few options. The easiest I imagine would be to purchase a complete pull-out and modify that. Another option would be to buy a crate motor, but then I would have to buy all accessories and I am afraid of getting nickle'd and dime'd to death. The LS7 does look very interesting to me. Something about a pushrod revving to 7k, putting out good power and the dry sump sounds enticing.
Given my goals and price range, using a Gen IV, which engine, cam, head etc and method of purchasing, which direction would you go?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gen IV Engine Selection Help