Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

ARP Main studs . Torque sequence

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ARP Main studs . Torque sequence

now when going about torqueing the mains , i know i got to start in the middle main cap , but do i just start with the highest torqued 2 bolts then do the other 2 after in the center , do the 4 in the middle first or just do the 2 and then move on ? the the one next to it ?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are aware that once you pull the stock bolt set-up and go to studs and have your torque sequence correct, you have to have the block aligned honed to make sure you are straight across all your mains. With the crank out the mains are torqued to spec. and checked. Studs change the clamping force. They are much better than bolts you just have to set them up correctly. Hope this helps.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the factory torque sequence with ARP studs. Unless you really change something, your block should be fine without a hone job. When checking bearing clearances, you must have the side bolts installed and torqued, or the numbers will come out wierd.
Like Thunder364 is implying, everything has to be right on with these aluminum blocks, or your clearances will be off.
When you install your crank, if it does not turn freely, you need to check the block.