Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Port and Polish Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Port and Polish Throttle Body

Guys just got through port and polishing my throttle body on my Firebird it is a v6 and probablly want make much difference but I figure while I had the time I should do it (and noticed a really positive change in throttle response = quicker acceleration). Anyways First time I ever port and polished a TB and didn't measure or anything I don't think anyone does but I notice companies who sale them are like its now a 3mm increase. And its some like electric throttle body and the sides are plastic instead of having a place where I can manually move the throttle blade so I could also not figure out how to remove it due to the plastic pieces like mounted (not screwed) into the sides. So knife edged the throttle blade while it was inside the TB just had it propped open. My grinder piece on my dremel slipped a few times causing VERY VERY small grooves the blade closes all the way except for a the few small grooves maybe a big enough to shine light through. After installing it it idled weird but winded up being the rubber elbow piece from the intake wasn't all the way over the TB. Slipped it on and idles fine and drives fine. You guys think its anything I should replace due to the small grooves
Old 04-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If its not having an issue why replace it? Its not costing you power if thats your concern.

Quick Reply: Port and Polish Throttle Body