Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

6.0?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6.0?

Im looking into buying a 6.0 block and engine components. As far as I know everything will bolt up except isnt there something I have to do w/ the altenator? Also want to use arp rod bolts but Im assuming their specific for the lq9 rods? I just trying to get my car on the street now, dont have the money for heads so if I throw some 853s on their for now is that really going to kill power? What would my compression be? I still plan on running a cam. Not sure which one yet.

Also the guy said the block has been hardened w/ block hard. The car doesnt see the street that often so would this be ok for just weekend car shows and such?

What exactly do I need to run this setup in my 99 fbody?

Any suggestions or opinions appreciated, Thanks.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't run a street car with block filler, who knows how much of that *hit is in there. There are plenty of good 6.0's out there. Take your time and find a good one. Just my opinion...... Also you just need ARP rod bolts for LS style cracked rod's. Call there tech line if you have more concerns or questions about them. They'll be glad to help you.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Thanks, thats what I was thinking about the block hard. Also just found out its an lq4 so my compression would be low and planning on staying na.
Just out of curiousity if I were to run l92 heads don't those have the offset rockers? Is there anything special needed to use the 6.0/l92 heads and intake setup? Thanks